Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i put on a sno-stuff rumble pack, does it actually make the snowmobile quieter, or just change the tone of the engine but still produce a loud(er) sound?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
When they say silencer, it just means its quieter than no muffler at all. Rumble packs are loud as hell. Doesnt matter what sled, they're just loud.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I have a rumble pack, and so does my brother in law. He says when im 2 sleds back he can here mine over his at WOT. Mine is piggishly loud.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
I have a rumble pack and hate it, and won't ride my sled at night until I can get a quieter can to replace it. (my stock can has some sort of flow restriction, I'm thinking about cutting it open)

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
I have a rumble pack and hate it, and won't ride my sled at night until I can get a quieter can to replace it. (my stock can has some sort of flow restriction, I'm thinking about cutting it open)
http://startinglineproducts.com/catalog.cfm?pageID=detail&catalogID=3&catID=19&productID=180

Invest in an SLP. Not loud, and flows better than stock.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sledcrusher said:
When they say silencer, it just means its quieter than no muffler at all. Rumble packs are loud as hell. Doesnt matter what sled, they're just loud.

Awesome guys thanks for the clarification! the quieter than stock vs. quieter than no muffler at all is the big help thanks sledcrusher

...guess i prolly wont be buying one!!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Some companies make cans that are about the same as stock, maybe slightly louder, and reduce a serious amount of weight and allow more air flow if needed.

·
Registered
149 Posts
95mach1670 said:
and also they bother neighbors and get trails shut down!! max in our area is 88 decibles..
how did i get negitive feed back? the only way a after market can is good is on your own private property..how about i get a can and scream past your house when your trying to sleep!!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
95mach1670 said:
95mach1670 said:
and also they bother neighbors and get trails shut down!! max in our area is 88 decibles..
how did i get negitive feed back? the only way a after market can is good is on your own private property..how about i get a can and scream past your house when your trying to sleep!!

Its okay man you make a good point I understand

sledcrusher said:
Some companies make cans that are about the same as stock, maybe slightly louder, and reduce a serious amount of weight and allow more air flow if needed.

The only thing that is made for SP500 is a sno stuff rumble pack unfortunately

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Get the Rumble Pack. I am a fan of a good sounding exhaust. And I like them for the added room under the hood, on my sled, it made it easier to get to the chaincase dipsick.

·
Registered
250 Posts
95mach1670 said:
95mach1670 said:
Please do, that would blow a wet dream out of this world...

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
800DOO said:
95mach1670 said:
95mach1670 said:
Haha. +1

Jmax said:
sledcrusher said:

I am not liable for anything you do in the result of me saying this, but how about opening the can up on your sled ( they're usually 2 sides that can be cut in half. Some use glass pack material, but I dont believe this style does ), and taking a stage or 2 out of the baffling. Would definitely make for a little more noise, and if the authorities stop you, you just show them your "stock" can.

Heres how they do it with Revs.
http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=171725&st=0

·
Registered
680 Posts
[/quote]

The only thing that is made for SP500 is a sno stuff rumble pack unfortunately [/color=red]
[/quote]

there are more out there then a rumblepack for the snopros. speedwerx makes a can that is just above stock. I just ordered a Skinz Ultra-Q for my snopro 600, which is just above stock. Skinz also makes a Super-Q but it will be more like a rumblepack, not made for trails and neighborhoods. Bikeman also makes a can. Jaws makes a can too, i guess it's pretty loud.
it's been mentioned already, plus i don't know where you live. but some states do have a noise ordnance on sleds and will hand out tickets if it exceeds a certain db.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I live in maine...Im looking for something that will give me the weight reduction without too much of the added noise. The sno pro is pretty loud stock, but there is nothing like a toned exhaust! I do a lot of trail riding and a lot of riding around neighborhoods

I'll check out the other items thanks for that info Arctic_cat_man1 I didn't know there were so many different ones made for the SP

sledcrusher said:
800DOO said:
95mach1670 said:
95mach1670 said:
Haha. +1

Jmax said:
sledcrusher said:

I am not liable for anything you do in the result of me saying this, but how about opening the can up on your sled ( they're usually 2 sides that can be cut in half. Some use glass pack material, but I dont believe this style does ), and taking a stage or 2 out of the baffling. Would definitely make for a little more noise, and if the authorities stop you, you just show them your "stock" can.

Heres how they do it with Revs.
http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=171725&st=0
if I can't find a can that works this could be an option...I would like to keep the stock can in original condition though

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
http://www.hotseatperformance.com/psp/showdetl.cfm?&DID=29&Product_ID=4156&CATID=249

Im going to assume that will work for the '11 Sno pro? I looked it up, and in Maine the new sled law says the sled has to be NO louder than stock and still not to at anytime exceed 87 decibels or the fine is 1,000 bucks after a warning....harsh

·
Registered
680 Posts
Jmax said:
http://www.hotseatperformance.com/psp/showdetl.cfm?&DID=29&Product_ID=4156&CATID=249

Im going to assume that will work for the '11 Sno pro? I looked it up, and in Maine the new sled law says the sled has to be NO louder than stock and still not to at anytime exceed 87 decibels or the fine is 1,000 bucks after a warning....harsh
yes the speedwerx can will work, but it's not much of a weight loss and it's the same size. i just put on the skinz ultra-q this morning. mine sounds good just above stock. so probably same or close to the speedwerx can.
http://www.skinzprotectivegear.com/snowmobileproductsz/silencers.html

1 - 20 of 31 Posts