Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Sno-stuff is WAY louder than stock, i'd give it a 6 or 7, SLP is usually just above stock noise, maybe a 2 or 3. (straight pipes being a 10)

·
Registered
718 Posts
SLP claims decibal lvls to be alteast under 88. not so sure about sno stuff. rumble packs are way louder than slp. might need to rejet with sno stuff cans. seeing that ppl around here have had their engines seizing.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've heard that sno stuff are as loud as aftermarkets get but they don't have the best sound to them compared to the MBRP, Ultra Q, & SLP, but it's alot better than my stock exhaust and that's all I'm looking for!

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
ive got an slp and one of my buddys had a sno stuff i personally thought the sno stuff sounded like crap. the sle once the packing burns out (not very long) is a very loud deap throaty sound.

you can hear my slp in this video if you look around under my videos in youtube theres a bunch more videos you can hear it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cah42zt6gHg

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
shady800x said:
SLP claims decibal lvls to be alteast under 88. not so sure about sno stuff. rumble packs are way louder than slp. might need to rejet with sno stuff cans. seeing that ppl around here have had their engines seizing.
Theres no need to rejet for a freakin can, unless your running a straight pipe, or something extremely restrictive.

I'd say go SLP. Good tone, slightly louder than stock, and much lighter. Rumble packs are loud as hell, sound good, but should not be used for trail use.

·
Registered
308 Posts
^^^ right, everyone is always saying that they have to rejet after their after market can. rejeting is neccesary with things like twin pipes and such.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Actually, believe it or not shady800x makes a good point. I put a snostuff can on my '04 and it made my sled lean. We rejetted it and it now runs perfect. My '99 has an SLP can and I did not have to rejet.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
polaris91 said:
ive got an slp and one of my buddys had a sno stuff i personally thought the sno stuff sounded like crap. the sle once the packing burns out (not very long) is a very loud deap throaty sound.

you can hear my slp in this video if you look around under my videos in youtube theres a bunch more videos you can hear it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cah42zt6gHg
The Tripple sounds better... lol

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
sledcrusher said:
Theres no need to rejet for a freakin can, unless your running a straight pipe, or something extremely restrictive.
In MOST cases it is accepted that there is no need to rejet. It is always best to watch your plugs after any modifications are made though, IMO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts