Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please Help:

I recently purchased a 1975 Merc Snow Twister 440 F/A. I wondering if it would be a good idea for me to add a HP can, mainly for the neat sound it’ll produce. Will I have to re-jet and will this be an ongoing problem? And, I guess the big question is are they available for this vintage sled? And does anyone one know of a supplier that sells good stuff at reasonable prices. I would also consider buying a used one if someone out there has one for sale??

Thanks Guys,
oldmercguy

·
Registered
539 Posts
contact Image Enterprises in WI.
they have everyhting you need for your twister.
the stock merc exhaust worked real well. if you are just looking for more noise, a set of mod pipes may be the way to go. i dont think anyone today makes an aftermarket can for a 30 year old sled.
the folks at Image will be able to help you.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Originally posted by oldmercguy
[br]Please Help:

I recently purchased a 1975 Merc Snow Twister 440 F/A. I wondering if it would be a good idea for me to add a HP can, mainly for the neat sound it’ll produce. Will I have to re-jet and will this be an ongoing problem? And, I guess the big question is are they available for this vintage sled? And does anyone one know of a supplier that sells good stuff at reasonable prices. I would also consider buying a used one if someone out there has one for sale??

Thanks Guys,
oldmercguy
wow LMAO at "HP can" are you serious guy. snoproe is right though image has everything for mercs. honestly you should just sell that sled. it would be a shame to see that sled all beat up from being ridden and abused by some one that doesnt know anything about taking care of nice vintage sleds like that.

·
Registered
434 Posts
[br]Please Help:

a supplier that sells good stuff at reasonable prices.
Thanks Guys,
oldmercguy
There really is not a such thing as good stuff at reasonable prices you either pay for good stuff or you pay for crap

·
Registered
46 Posts
Originally posted by AHood
[br]
[br]Please Help:

Thanks Guys,
oldmercguy
wow LMAO at "HP can" are you serious guy. snoproe is right though image has everything for mercs. honestly you should just sell that sled. it would be a shame to see that sled all beat up from being ridden and abused by some one that doesnt know anything about taking care of nice vintage sleds like that.
I don't disagree about the "HP can", but what's wrong with someone wanting to mod or run a classic. would it be better off sitting on display in a collection? you have to learn on something, if that's what the guy has then what's wrong with working with what you have. just because you want to mod something doesn't mean you're going to abuse it and destroy it. JMO.

·
Registered
510 Posts
maybe its just me but if he wants to learn about "HP cans" he should get an 80's polaris indy and go to town. a 75 sno twister is a fairly rare sleds and worth a bit of money if its in good shape. why the guy even bought it if hes not a vintage enthusiast... beats me, but its certainly not a rider. its a fix it up take to shows and vintage rides start on sundays kind of sled.

·
Registered
46 Posts
true. I was thinking maybe he was planning on taking it to some drags or something. I saw a sweet 75 twister clean up the vintage class at some grass drags this summer [:D]

·
Registered
539 Posts
at eagle river pro vintage weekend you see tons of free air twisters all out oval racing. they are still great racers and usualy the vintage sled to beat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts