Snowmobile Fanatics banner

snocross in ohio

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  800DOO 
#1 ·
Wonderin if anyone races and what type of circuit ur racin in. Im lookin into gettin back into since ive moved back here to ohio but cant seem to find much info on where it happens here. Any help would be appreciated

#3 ·
It's hard to schedule anything due to the inconsistencies in the weather. NE Ohio would be your best bet but I have never heard of any. Where at in Ohio are you?

#4 ·
Im in NW about an hour from Mich line. I know that there are numerous tracks that race quads and dirtbikes but I cant find info on any of them holding snocross. Im more than willing to travel around for this so if you guys know of anywhere Id appreciate the info.

#5 ·
I know they have races up in Northern MI. I watched a race in Gaylord once. There might be some racing in SW New York as they get a pretty decent amount of snowfall.

#6 ·
Well im not talkin about travelin 5 to 6 hours to race lol id like to, if at all possible, stay in ohio but ill go to mich. Not gonna travel to gaylord for it though, thats almost a 6 hour haul from here.

#7 ·
Well like I said its hard to schedule a race when there is a 25% chance there will be snow in Ohio. If your really into it I can get you in contact with some clubs up here and you could try to start something up.

You are also welcome to come up and ride with us this winter. We have a pretty good trail system and we usually get a decent amount of riding in for Ohio.

#9 ·
wi has alot of races if your looking to get back into it, just an idea not too far away theyll usually make snow for the bigger races

#10 ·
http://sites.google.com/site/snowmobileohio/ossa-clubs

Here are a bunch of clubs. I belong to the Montville Highlanders. The Thompson and Grand River clubs are some of the bigger ones around here. I'm in Painesville about 40 min east of downtown Cleveland. Where are you? I grew up in Findlay.

#11 ·
Thanks for the link, Im about 15 min south of Findlay just outside of Ada. 3 hour drive to you not bad at all, sounds alot better than the normal 6.5 to Mich lol lookin forward to the winter and comin up there and ridin!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.