Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So one of my friends showed me a 440 sno pro that's been for sale for a long
time and it peaked my interest. It has coil over front shocks, no tach. Tanks covered partially. Any ideas on what year? It's been beat up pretty good, front plastics are damaged, hood has been spray painted black. The track, seat, and tunnel look in good shape. My friend says they want 2k for it, I'm not sure it's trail
converted which is a big negative for me. My buddy said offer them around a grand and see if they bite.
How much does it cost to trail convert one? Also how much does it cost to put a 600 carb trail motor in it with all the stuff?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
IDK what year it is could be but, it could either be a ZR1 chassis or it could be the ZR3 Chassis. Is the hood more round or is the hood kind of have a pointy shape to it?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Why not post a picture?

1999:

2000:

2001:

2003:

2004:

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like an 04, just painted and has an all black seat cover.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, so it is an 04. How much does a 600 carb motor cost to put in it? I know the trail tank costs around 300, but how much does it cost to make it run premium with premix?

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
Trail conversion costs vary. Low compression heads will run you $300 from Speedwerx I believe. You can also run the 02 SnoPro heads if you can find them. Trail tank will run you $300. If you plan on trail riding it, you will need some more cooling. From what I've seen, if you stay with the 440, you can get by with a 02 rear cooler mounted on the air box. This shouldn't run you any more than $100. You will also need a few bucks for different jets and miscellaneous things.

If you do a conversion (600/700 motor), you are better off buying an F6/F7 as a whole so you have all the parts. Sleds with buckled tunnels or tweaked bulkheads are awesome donor sleds, as you can get them cheaper and the parts you want are usually undamaged.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Empire087 said:
Looks like an 04, just painted and has an all black seat cover.
Sounds like it has an 05' seat on it. In 05' they switched the front shocks to floats, but 05' also had a black seat with white SnoPro lettering that could be removed with paint thinner.

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
Or it could be a 04 with a new seat cover. $125+ shipping on ebay...black with no lettering.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's got racing seat covers written on it, or something of that nature. I need to find this persons phone # or go to their house to see about buying it. I hope 1k isn't to much a low ball or they take any offence to it. Hopefully they tell me they will take a grand cause then I'll sell the zl and build it my way. I'd think I could build a snopro 440/600 for less than 1500$

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Empire087 said:
It's got racing seat covers written on it, or something of that nature. I need to find this persons phone # or go to their house to see about buying it. I hope 1k isn't to much a low ball or they take any offence to it. Hopefully they tell me they will take a grand cause then I'll sell the zl and build it my way. I'd think I could build a snopro 440/600 for less than 1500$
Remember theres a lot that go into putting that 600 in. Carbs, motor, pipe, clutches, gearing, etc.. I think the air intake may be different as well.

$1000 does seem like a bit low of an offer, but if he takes it, you got a good deal on your hands. Whats the worst hes going to say, no?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Quinlan said:
Trail conversion costs vary. Low compression heads will run you $300 from Speedwerx I believe. You can also run the 02 SnoPro heads if you can find them. Trail tank will run you $300. If you plan on trail riding it, you will need some more cooling. From what I've seen, if you stay with the 440, you can get by with a 02 rear cooler mounted on the air box. This shouldn't run you any more than $100. You will also need a few bucks for different jets and miscellaneous things.

If you do a conversion (600/700 motor), you are better off buying an F6/F7 as a whole so you have all the parts. Sleds with buckled tunnels or tweaked bulkheads are awesome donor sleds, as you can get them cheaper and the parts you want are usually undamaged.
How much did your trail conversion run you? If you do not mind me asking.

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
My sled was an initial investment of $5500 about 3 years ago now, which got me a semi-clean 06 SnoPro chassis and 05 700EFI motor (and components), cooling, clutches and Trail Tank. I certainly have more than that into it at this time though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts