Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well we are getting snow in NE ohio. Am I the only one who can't wait to do a test ride? I know we only have 1-2 inches now and it will probably melt since the ground is warm, but I think I am going to do a test ride tonight or maybe even on my lunch break, on my 97 Xlt with my new track and Fox suspension! we are expecting cold temps below freezing all week and snow dustings as well. but I can't wait!

·
Registered
741 Posts
we had just enough to cover the grass up here and we were riding the fanners all day long around the yard. Im excited for some real snow though

·
Registered
449 Posts
jschick said:
well we are getting snow in NE ohio. Am I the only one who can't wait to do a test ride? I know we only have 1-2 inches now and it will probably melt since the ground is warm, but I think I am going to do a test ride tonight or maybe even on my lunch break, on my 97 Xlt with my new track and Fox suspension! we are expecting cold temps below freezing all week and snow dustings as well. but I can't wait!
Your not crazy brother, your just as excited as I am. As soon as I can't see the grass, I'm going to aerate my yard if you know what I mean. but I would keep it to the yard cause your going to be tearing it up a bit. You can burn through some hifax's pretty quick if there not getting snow to them.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
West Mi has about 4-6" on the ground...should wait for more but Im starting to get the itch myself.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Vamped400 said:
we had just enough to cover the grass up here and we were riding the fanners all day long around the yard. Im excited for some real snow though
Good point, it helps to have some sleds around you don't mind rippin into a bit. I'm not taking my main sled out in this. I have a 340 cat that is perfect for it, doesnt even have carbides in it

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
western ny is geetting pelted...got about 14 inches here and evpecting a lot more...i LOVE IT!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I usually wait till we have at least a solid 3 inches and frozen ground, but since I redid the carbs, replaced the track and suspension, I don't want to wait for the first big snow fall then be stuck with more adjustments while everyone else is riding!

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
KRSS144 said:
West Mi has about 4-6" on the ground...should wait for more but Im starting to get the itch myself.
We got 6" near South Haven!! [thumb] I managed my first ride yesterday, sure only around the house but it was a first ride lol.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
We have been riding 2 weeks before thanksgiving. The past 2 weeks have been sad tho. Snow tomorrow though!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
GotMud said:
KRSS144 said:
We got 6" near South Haven!! [thumb] I managed my first ride yesterday, sure only around the house but it was a first ride lol.
You suck lol jk, man hows the new sled treating you? Sharp looking.
No one in the Gaylord/Grayling area? looks like they have been getting snow for a week now.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I still haven't got to ride the Assault lol. I rode the 500 last night for my first ride. I'm playing hooky tomorrow and heading to south of Gaylord to break in the Assault. Shoot me a pm if you want to go, I have to pass you to get there.

·
Registered
449 Posts
GotMud said:
KRSS144 said:
That new Assault looks nasty.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
GotMud said:
I still haven't got to ride the Assault lol. I rode the 500 last night for my first ride. I'm playing hooky tomorrow and heading to south of Gaylord to break in the Assault. Shoot me a pm if you want to go, I have to pass you to get there.
I would love to tag along but I know Im not going to be able to with the work load I just got this morning. Keep me in mind for the next trip and like you said, you have to pass me heading north lol. Have fun.

·
Registered
122 Posts
as of last night, we have 8" on the ground. have done some riding with the liquid sleds, went riding in the mountains, but mostly riding the fans around

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well I ran out over my lunch for a disappointing ride, only running on 2cyls. one plug is wet and fouled. looks like I need to pull the carbs again and see whats up. I hope just a stuck choke plunger. I added a primer since I had one plunger bust and seize in the carb last winter. another one was hanging up, so i just went to a primer since I had a extra. I sealed of the busted plunger, and left the others alone for now, I can either remove them or seal them off but since they were useable i didn't want to mess up 2 good carbs so I left them alone. my options were to get one new carb or add a primer. Funny the 2 carbs that gave me issues are fine and now it's the one that was good that is fouling the plug, it's soaked so either have a sticking float or choke plunger.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Have'nt rode yet this year, but the ground is pretty much all frozen, and lakes are starting to freeze over for good. 4-6 inches are supposed to be on their way starting tomorrow night! 3 Inches and were going riding on private land!!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
why do you want lakes to freeze?

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Fuse600 said:
why do you want lakes to freeze?
To drag race across the ice... [thumb]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts