Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so whats the scope on snow check you guys call it a good thing or bad?? heres a few thing i herd
1. you get the one of the first sleds down the line so if theres bugs to be worked out you may not get it worked out of yours
2.you get exta year warranty.
3.????

·
Registered
577 Posts
First sled down the line??? That is what they say about any new model year for anything...cars..motorcycles...boats??
I think you should take that with a grain of salt. pretty much the entire line-up will be sleds they are making this year...so the *bugs* will not be there.
If it was a totally *New* sled..chassis and engine.. I might have a qik second thought... But then you might not have a chance to buy one later in the year if they are sold out becuase it turns out to be the hot ride!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Depends

You can often get better deals if you wait until December when rebates are offered on sleds when they are not moving. If you want the years most popular sled(s) this does not apply. Also by waiting options may be limited.

On the other hand some sleds are offered as snow check options only, and by snow checking you are guaranteed to get the sled you want.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
The nice thing about Snow Check is that you KNOW you will be getting the sled you want (if you wait and buy from the dealer in the fall you might not be able to find the exact sled you want) and that you usually get a certain dollar amount in garments and accessories.
Its kind of a double-edged sword. If you order in the spring you know you are going to get the sled you want, but if you wait untill the fall they will often have awsome promotions going on (no payments for a year, cash back, ect, ect...).
Me personally, if Im going to do it, Id order in the spring. That way I know Im getting the sled I want.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Snow Check programs also offer free upgrades. On my switchback got a free upgrade to a 1.5" track. Also got a discount on upgrading the shocks. Choice of additional colors not available in the fall is a bonus too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts