Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they make a longer snowflap for a '00 RMK? Everyone I ride with complain that I put out one of the biggest rooster tails they ever seen and they cant follow me. And when I take the kids out and pull them they get their faces full of snow. Was out last week and caught my buddy I was racing in the face with an ice chunk and he was bleeding everywhere what can I do to dampen my rooster?

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Just find a mud flap off of a truck that is longer, and rivet it on?

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
edge mudflaps are longer then gen 2's. my buddie does that to me with his sks with a 1.75. or just like pance said get a truck mudflap.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
semi truck mud flaps work great you can cut them to any legenth and width and they are nice and heavy duty

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ya they did make longer ones for tour sleds I think, just check a dealer

·
Registered
349 Posts
My sled had a truck flap on it last year. Worked great, but wasn't the best aesthetically, I think.

I am not sure what type of flap is on your machine has now, but another thing you can look into is seeing if it is too flimsy. I have seen flaps there just didn't hold up to the pummel of snow, and simply let a lot of snow past as they bent up. If this is the case, you may be able to stiffen it up to control the snow flow better with something like this. This is intended to be on the inside, to keep your flap out of the track. But it could easily be mounted on the outside to keep the flap from bending out and letting snow past.
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=&store=Main&catId=307&productId=p391800&leafCatId=30701&mmyId=

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
id ue a truck flap, and it your worried about the way it looks just mount it to the preexisting one, just on the inside, so it looks stock but is longer and stronger

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I used a flap from a newer edge chassis RMK and trimmed it down to fit... was a little too long.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
how about a snocross tail flap extention kit ive seen them a few places and it doesnt look that bad???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts