Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any one rode a snow hawk 800 h.o ? i found a 08 im lookin at for 4300 i was just wondering if there any fun or what you guys had to say about them . the wife gave me a green light to buy somin different so let me no what you guys think[confused]

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
do you like driving dirt bikes?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bringurthunder said:
has any one rode a snow hawk 800 h.o ? i found a 08 im lookin at for 4300 i was just wondering if there any fun or what you guys had to say about them . the wife gave me a green light to buy somin different so let me no what you guys think[confused]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBcRP4MGMww

ya i like bikes but they look like they handle a little different . i was wondering more towards power reliability how easy there are to get stuck kinda thing lol

sorry posted the rong video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l118fKX3-xk

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they look fun as hell but thats a lot of money to find out there not you no what i mean

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Talked to a guy that bought one a few years ago, he said it was tough right away but after an hour or so of playing around you start to get the hang of it. I dont think it would be for me.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya idk i think id like to try one before i buy one

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Looks fun for trails but not so much for powder riding. If you could get like a 7.5 or 8.5 inch wide ski and a long lug track it might do alright though.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i still think it would be fun to try

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
i think they used polaris engine? i read some reviews on them and the go through deep snow as good as a regular sled. and they're a smooth ride

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
come to think about it who makes them is it branched off ac poos ski-doo yammys . is sno hawk the model or brand?

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I bet it would be easy to get unstuck

·
Registered
278 Posts
i say try it and see what you think before you buy it. i can see them being fun but i would feel way more comfortable on a normal sled

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
bringurthunder said:
come to think about it who makes them is it branched off ac poos ski-doo yammys . is sno hawk the model or brand?
Snow Hawk is a company branched off of Ad-Boivin. Ad-Boivin makes some great suspension setups ( Expert X and the ZX2 rear skids ). Snow Hawk is the company, and then there are other models that branch off that. Tons of information on the ad boivin website.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok went and looked at it this morning im gonna pass on it its to beat up for tht price

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i dont think i would like one that much . i heard you can rent them in island park idaho thats not to bad of a drive from here we go up there every year to montana were i grew up maybe ill rent one for a day just to check it out

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
That's a pretty good deal for an 800. The 600's usually go for at least 3500 around here. They are pretty badass...easy to ride. They steer like a bike so it will take you at least half an hour to get the hang of it. They are a PITA to learn how to ride in deep powder but they NEVER get stuck!(Surprising for something with one ski and a narrow track).

·
Registered
720 Posts
I've always wanted one. I race motocross in the summer so thought that would be a fun thing to have in the winter. Dont have the money now to do it though. If ya end up gettin it let me know what its like

1,792 Posts
bringurthunder said:
they look fun as hell but thats a lot of money to find out there not you no what i mean
Yeah, at least with a snowmobile you are assured there is a market for it if you decide to sell and it'll hold resale value (relatively). Just put that towards a snowmobile. Or buy a trailer (used - they are a better value and don't wear out like a motor vehicle).

1 - 20 of 34 Posts