Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have a 03 pro-x 800. Everytime I hit a drift snow gets in the air box then it will run like shit. All of my filters are good, and the seals between the carbs and the air box. I can't figure out how it's getting in there and it's very frustrating because everytime I have to take it apart and clean it. Any ideas? Also if I put some k&n filters on would I have to change jetting? Thanks eveyone.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
does it just bog down for a little bit or keep running like garbage for the rest of the ride? i know when ive hit drifts snow will get in and it bogs down but it clears up after a little bit... a suggestion i've seen people use is the frogz skins product (Frogzskin, Snowmobile Vent Protection) everything still breathes but the snow doesn't come in.

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Yes, you would have to re-jet to put on filters, and you would lose horsepower as well since you'd be sucking hot air from under the hood.

Best to figure out where the show is coming from and fix the issue.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
get the skins like ski doer said. if you eat snow you are sooner or later going to score down the intake side of the pistons get it fixed soon. also get an exhaust baffle its a little piece that bolts to the belly pan to protect the exhaust outlet from plugging.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Usually the edges and pro x's injects snow around the headlight and handle bars. Does yours have the block off vents on the hood????

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Have you tried closing them?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts