Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2/6/07 WE GOT 5-6 INCHES OF SNOW IN THE QC METRO AREA.

2/13/07 WE GOT 4-5 INCHES LAST NIGHT WITH 3-4 MORE ON ITS WAY....

[/size=6]SWEET!!

·
Registered
572 Posts
got about 4-5 inches on the ground and still coming down heavy. looks like its gonna stay too since temps only in the teens to 20 for the rest of the week. im about 4 blocks from the I&M canal, so think it will be buzzing tonight.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Seeing this reminded me that I have an 81 TXL-Indy in need of a snow flap and seat. I gotta get those on after work today, and take it out for it's maiden voyage somewhere. Taken the GF and Dad out riding, hopefully.

Bryan

·
Registered
113 Posts
for back yard riding its pretty bad condition theres like 5 inches on the ground but its very very dry so you basically go right through and ride on the ground

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Originally posted by polariskid22
[br]i got 6 here in joliet....im like 5 mins from the I&M w/ trailer lol..im gunnah tear that up tonite.....its alll powder as well
I just got in from deciding that I'm NOT driving down there. Crap it took me 20 minutes to go down the block to get gas. I also need some oil. So I bailed, and plan on getting everything together tonight and heading out right after work. You gonna be around? I heard Channahon is the best out of it all so far...

Bryan

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My son and I went riding last night-DAMN COLD!!
The riding was GREAT, but even with the handwarmers on, my fingers felt like they were going to fall off after about 10 minutes.
Its all good though.
Enjoy it while it lasts.....................

·
Registered
571 Posts
I hear that Coloma, Mi. has about 20". Not too far from northern Il.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
My friend Shannon has a cottage there, and my grandfather's place is 20 minutes away. I may be going there this weekend. I was there last weekend though:
[attachment=59161]
[attachment=59162]

Bryan

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like fun
Have a great time there.
I have a trip to Cable/Hayward planned for the middle of March.
Hope the snow holds out til then..............

·
Registered
113 Posts
i put 10 miles on after school this afternoon just riding the fields in Manhattan IL you guys probably havent heard of it just a small town but big open fields

·
Registered
99 Posts
I live on I&M canal and it is horrible. It took a couple of sleds to push the snow off the to the sides. If you do ride, in Ottawa where I live watch out for the railroad tracks. I've towed 3 sleds this year to the bar 100' away just in the time I was out with my daughter riding her kitty kat. Today a guy messed up his Ski Doo 700 pretty bad.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i'd like to add to that.. today i missed school to go on the i &M... we went from channahon all the wat to la salle or ottowa something like that bout 50 mi from where we started, and it was pretty rough.. It was way to snirtty to have fun.. but dont make any plans for this weekend because it's already done for as far a trail conditions go. snow expected for friday...we need prolly 2-4 inches of good packing snow to bring the trails back and keep em good 4 the weekend. HOPE IT GOES WELL. even if it dosent im going to hurley next week for 1 full week vac. lol Have a great weekend

·
Registered
572 Posts
Originally posted by storminout
[br]I live on I&M canal and it is horrible. It took a couple of sleds to push the snow off the to the sides. If you do ride, in Ottawa where I live watch out for the railroad tracks. I've towed 3 sleds this year to the bar 100' away just in the time I was out with my daughter riding her kitty kat. Today a guy messed up his Ski Doo 700 pretty bad.
where you at in ottawa, im right down tthe road in seneca. which tracks you talkin??

·
Registered
99 Posts
The tracks are to the west of the 2 bridges you go under in the middle of town. Very close to the bar Lil Whits. There is 2 sets right before that stop. One is perpendicular and the other go at an angle. The angle ones get people when they don't square up to them in little snow. There is another set down by U.S. Silica after the last road crossing. the guy I helped the other day was from Seneca. 700 Ski Doo, I think a MXZ, probably around a 2002.

·
Registered
572 Posts
sorry wasnt me, dont ride a doo, but i know the 2 bridges your talking about. right before you cross the road going down to naplate, (i think)been awhile since i was down that way.

·
Registered
572 Posts
talking 6-12 inches here by tomorrow night.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Good thing my water pump blew apart on the XCR Sunday...

I did get a chance to take the TXL-Indy out this weekend. That thing screams! I might ride that instead if I can't get my XCR back together really soon.

Bryan

·
Registered
572 Posts
Originally posted by ibreakstuff
[br]Good thing my water pump blew apart on the XCR Sunday...

I did get a chance to take the TXL-Indy out this weekend. That thing screams! I might ride that instead if I can't get my XCR back together really soon.

Bryan
hows that txl indy run?? got an "80 txl and it runs like a raped ape. for a 340. with what i have done to it, and strictly now a speedrun sled, i havent found any 340"s that will run with it other than the 340 SRX"S (yamaha)

·
Registered
29 Posts
the local news stations are gabbing about 8-12'' from the south burbs and farther.Should i not do my homework in hopes of a snowday??? ill believe it when it comes.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts