Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather radar says it is snowing in the hills of central Maine. The forecast is for snow showers tonight and part of tomorrow especially in the hills. That's how last year started in Maine, and it was a good year for sledding last year (other than safety).[:(!]

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I gonna go home tonight, finish filling the 500 with antifreeze, clean the clutch sheaves, put on the belt and push it out in the driveway. Then if it does snow, I will purge the coolant system of air while blipping the throttle repeatedly in an enthusiastic manner while screaming "Bring it on baby, bring it on."[:p]

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
http://www.sjv.net/webcam.htm

Check it out. At 4 pm EDT it was snowing in the webcam.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Here in Ct were supposed to get a snowy rain mix thursday morning, cant wait to see the stuff fly.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nothing[:(]. i didn't expect any. The weatherman still says snow in the forecast for central Maine and the highlands. However, by Sat ir will be in the 60s (F).

Man, at 8 am that webcam shows a great teaser.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ahhh, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,

/polarisman/../images/users/offshore24/sf1_today.jpg

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Offshore24, holyshit that spot ( dark blue ) shows upward to 6 inches of snow on the ground, damn thats real sweet!!! I am in Maine as well. about 3 hours away for that dark blue spot!!! sweet man

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It snowed yesterday and is supposed to snow today. I actually saw somw sleet this morning on my way into work. Nature's such a tease.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Connecticut got there first accumulating snow this morning. Only a dusting to an inch, but it was a tease. I was heading out the door this morning (6:30am) and was so tempted to fire up the sled. The neighboors would have loved that [:0] Let today be a sign of the great winter to come!

I love that maine webcam...it has been bookmarked [:D]

Ray

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Grinch1989-Somehow i knew you would be posting, we had areas with a dusting and out deck had about 3/4 to an inch of snow this morning, it was great, i heard some places in Ct got up to 3 inches. I cant wait, i wanted to go out and let the beast breath the cold air, but school was calling so i couldnt, i would have got pics but the batteries in the cam died.

·
Registered
203 Posts
WOOT!!! Yeah....saw some flakes this morning even here on the Southern Maine Coast. Nothing that stuck...but its a start[;)]

Here.....[:D]

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/er/nerfc/graphics/snowmaps/sd1_today.jpg

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/er/nerfc/graphics/snowmaps/sf1_today.jpg

·
Registered
363 Posts
I pissed off my neighbors this morning when I firied up my sled in CT, it was also 5:30 in the morning before I went to work, oh yes, in due time, they will become accustomed to the brap brap of the sled in the wee hours of the morning.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
We picked up about 1/4 inch in the Waterville area. Its all gone now, but shure was purty! [:D]

·
Registered
133 Posts
snowed thurs. and had flurries today in So. New Hampshire, its comming I can smell it in the air.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts