Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sure it's melting, sure it's a snowmobile. So what? I had to ride a bit anyway.

I was climbing this hill. It may look like it would be a nice jump, but in a picture further down, you will see if you were to jump that hill, you would probably fly through a garage window on our house. Which would be bad.

This is a pond, up the hill is my house, that's the hill I was climbing in the first picture. If you were to jump it, you would go thru the garage.

I think my sled looks unhappy.

Hey guys, what's up?

Ok, I guess water can be fun too

The other way...

I had a jump there, I kinda wrecked it though, in that picture I was just putting around in front of it. The other day I had jumped from where the jump is, and landed about where slush/water starts. It was intense.

Whee.

Whee.

Yep, drove on some water.

Things that are bad about these pics.

A) It's March 14th.
B) There is water involved
C) I'm wearing a sweater, helmet and boots. Nothing warm.
D) Grass and mud everywhere. No nice snow.

Probably other things too.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Damn, not much snow at all there really. Here in New England, there is snow from Connecticut to Vermont, VErmont has plenty of snow till early April if the trails aren't abused. Here in Connecticut. There is about 4 inches of ice left, but I've been going up to Vermont every weekend

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Good pics....I need to get my video's of me on sled with camera uploaded from today so you foo's believe me!!

·
Registered
366 Posts
i am in winnipeg and i was out last night for five hours or so. Still lots of snow here. had a great ride here!!

Rich

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the biggest annoyance is this pic was taken last friday

And today it was like +5 celcius and last weekend when that pic was taken it was about -25 to -30 celcius.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Best conditions of the year here on P.E.I. only problem is my kitty blew up.wont be ready for a week.and its realy warm all next week.I wish i could send the snow your way P man,it's not doing me any good.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Woah, you guys should come up here (NE Oregon). We had 4'' in some places last week!! It was too much for some poeple, more of them were going back down the trail than up it. Sadly, it is starting to melt though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yea, i know what its like. The snows just baout gone.. the past 2 days its been 50's here in buffalo NY. But about 5 days ago i was ridin my XC in a feild next to mine, and theres some pretty good size drifts. Found a pretty sweet jump locked in there, then sence the snow was meltin it made pretty good packin snow.. so i ended up getting a shovel and makin some of my own jumps. i used the the drifts as my building blocks and went from there. 5 hours later i had a pretty sweet course over a 200yd strip of drifts... next year ill think about that earlyer and maybe next year i will use my tractor with a bucket, instead of a shovel... lol hey what can i say ya live and ya learn.

·
Registered
749 Posts
We still got lots of snow in woodstock new brunswick. About 5-6 feet. I feel for you guys who have lost your snow already. Ours just started to melt this week. We got about 2-4 weeks of riding left. sadly i don't cause last week there was a tree across the snowmobile trail. TREE + 70MPH = NOT A VERY GOOD OUTCOME. i imagine you can picture the rest of the story. My sled got a new face lift and both slide rails were broke in two, shock towers shafts everything is broke.:(:(

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
we still have some snow in souther nh,some feilds still have a ft atleast but most of the trails suck getting there rocks and stumps that kinda thing..this pic is of the old railroad bed probably a 9 mile straight away,except there is more water than snow on it seeing how it was 76f degrees in the sun today..it sucked because when i took the pic i could see heat comming off the snow like it was summertime[:(]

/snofan/../images/users/ken420/snow melting.jpg

·
Registered
637 Posts
I can relate w/ that.. I rode in a teeshirt on Sat. it was plus 12c.. currently it's 17c.. Talk about Bye Bye snow... I'll probably sneak out for a last ride tonight.. but forget about any road running.. not to mention the fact they dug ditches at the sides of most the roads for the water run off.. looks like the season has come to an all to abrupt end..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts