Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, does anyone have any snow predictions? Or has anyone heard anything legit, especially in the midwest. This is probably going to be my last winter up here in da nort country. Hope we get lots!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I guess the Almanac is calling for a cold and snowy winter. I know that we have seen some termination dust in the mountains north of town. Hoping to be riding by the end of October. But only time will tell.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
im looking into buyin a sled, so my prediction is shitty...just like every other time i purchase a sled

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Most of the predictions iv heard say its spose to be snowy, but im having a hard time believing it now since we havnt had rain since july and it starting to look like a desert here..I guess ill just have to wait and see like everyone else..Cross your fingers..

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
RMK-KING, the summers with little rain and really hot temps are "supposed" to lead to above average snow falls and long winters!! As for predictions, I make none, don't want to jinx it now!!

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I'm predicting a shitty winter, basically because every time i predict a snowy one, we dont get S*** for snow. I guess i'm just tryin some reverse psychology on good ole mother nature.....lol I'll let ya know if it works.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
My guess is that snow will fall, and that it will be cold. Although how cold and how much snow is a little blurry right now.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I wouldn't be a very good weatherman, they are like well it is gonna be cold but possibly warm, with a chance of getting some precipitation, but it might be dry...

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Originally posted by arctic-cat-guy
[br]im looking into buyin a sled, so my prediction is shitty...just like every other time i purchase a sled
I'm also in the same boat as you ACG, hope I don't go and F-it up for us here[:D] Although two winters ago when I bought my last sled it was better than last year.....so.....

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Yep a new VE or possibly a 900 Cat, the dealer I go to started selling Cat last year, and he is the only guy I'll buy a sled from up here! But yeah he's trying to push the Polaris on me big time, throwing in all kinds of goodies and this and that...so that's probely what I'll end up with :) Don't worry though I'll keep ya'll posted, look for a thread around the end of the month hopefully!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
You can't loose, rode with guys who had both last year, they are both great sleds!
Look forward to hearing how it turns out

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
On the snow topic, Supposed to snow in Barrow today!
OK its a long ways north of hear but the cold front is supposed to start moving down. I hope we get a lot of snow this winter.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Originally posted by Alaskangold
[br]RMK-KING, the summers with little rain and really hot temps are "supposed" to lead to above average snow falls and long winters!! As for predictions, I make none, don't want to jinx it now!!
I'm going with Alaskangold on this one. It seems every time we have a wet summer, we have a crappy winter. This summer seems very much the same as those summers we had before the winters with lots of snow. I am hoping for the best, I can't stand anymore lack of snow.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
i havent been around long enough (at least to remember) the similiarties in summer and winter, everyone says that dry summers = wet winters, i dont have any knowledge of this, ever since i started sledding i havent seent he huge amount of snow we used to have when i built snowforts in the back yard...

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Well if dry summers mean wet winters, we are in for some huge snow amounts..I have good hopes now..

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Hey now don't go quoting me on this!! That's just what I heard somewhere, it was on t.v. though, some study that was done over so many year. So like I said, if any of you have a crappy winter I don't want you blamming me damn it!!LOL

1 - 20 of 33 Posts