Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and Bigrok were just in Isabella, finland and Two harbors yesterday (weds). The snow on the yukon trail was great, about 8 inches of base or better and really smooth, The north shore trail from Two harbors to Finland was about a 6.5 on the 1-10 scale. corners were blown out, and there are a few logging trails that are lots of rocks.

the powder areas were not to tracked up, and about 20 inches i would say. enoughto tip the sled and cut a loop. but not more than 24" in any place that i saw.

the spur that runs to silver bay is bumpy as hell, and there was a FREAKY old guy plowing snow in a logging camp... and i am 24, this guy was WEIRD!

We started riding at about 10 am and it was -12, but the time we had 60 miles on, i had frost bite on 3 fingers my cheeks and neck, i was wearing every thing that i had to stay warm. but it supposed to be nice this weekend.

Also there is a Dog sled race going on this weekend too, we saw 3 teams on the trails, but that was about it. As far as sled traffic, i had never ridden on the trails there so i would say about 10-12 sleds total all day, but they are TIGHT trails and on coming traffic was NUTS!!! flying around the inside of the corners, nearly hit two sleds, at two differnt times. SO WATCH OUT!

didnt get any farther north than the Knotty pine inn, but the Timber Wolf trail is a fun ride, lots of steep hills, caught some good air on the back sides. but there are some holes you have to watch out for.

the gas in Finland was good, (i always add heet) and it was about 3.25 a gal, at the Knotty it was 3.95. so expect to have the cash...

other than that no pictures,... was WAY to cold to stop and goof off, infact i was about frozen to my sled, the wind was killer too, but we had a great time, i am sure it would have been better if we had been there before, but i will go back i am sure of that.

Good luck and STAY SAFE!!

P.S. if anyone sees the owner of the Knotty, tell him thanks again for the two pots of Coffee!! helps a bunch!

440_Rocket

Matt

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Well put Rocket.[:)]

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Knotted pine is where the good riding starts. anything around finland or south or east of there is always beat to heck.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i guess that i we shuld have headed north... but we were staying in Duluth, and it was getting late as it was, next time i guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts