Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The word out is that there will be snow on the ground in 6 weeks in Mass....i hope this is true we will be snowmobileing before christmas...hell yea...anybody else hear this????

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
its snowing right now here in mass,hopefully it will start freezing soon so it will stay on the ground

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
northern new brunswick got 10 cm plus yesturday

·
Registered
190 Posts

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
brsa, whoa I am seeing 6 to 12 inches of snow in that spot.. its like 4 hours drive away from me tho, but I wouldnt mind going to that area cuz there is tons of flat fields,such as farming fields, potatoes, etc.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hey what's the address you use to get that snowfall map. I've been looking in the National Services site but all I can find is U.S. info. I'm trying to find a map for Manitoba.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Ok, Here's the place to look, NOAA Northeast River Forecast Center, Snow Information page, Here
http://www.erh.noaa.gov/nerfc/snow.shtml

It's the best I've seen and most accurate, IMHO, from what I have observed.

·
Registered
190 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Fassell_man, how far into Mass are you from the NY border ? Berksires ?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
yeah i do believe he is in the berkshire county,im in the worcester county and we have already had 2 inches on the ground[:)]

·
Registered
190 Posts
Fassell_man,

I'm in NY near Albany, I've always been curious about trails in MASS. Is there a state trail system, local clubs, or mostly private areas ?

You guys must get some good snow in the bershires, hiding a riding gem over there [?]

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We have some really sweet trails in the berkshires....they pretty much all lead to like the bars and stuff like that....like every trail leads to a lake..and they are groomed and there are no speed limits or anything...its really nice to ride up here...the only thing you have to do is buy a sam club sticker ( the people who take care of the trails) and they are only 30 bucks....and of course u need ur sled registered.... There are alot of people who have sleds in the berkshires and its alot of fun cause we do alot of radar runs and stuff like that...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We have some really sweet trails in the berkshires....they pretty much all lead to like the bars and stuff like that....like every trail leads to a lake..and they are groomed and there are no speed limits or anything...its really nice to ride up here...the only thing you have to do is buy a sam club sticker ( the people who take care of the trails) and they are only 30 bucks....and of course u need ur sled registered.... There are alot of people who have sleds in the berkshires and its alot of fun cause we do alot of radar runs and stuff like that...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Does that club have a website ?

·
Registered
331 Posts
It is snowing right now (12:40am Nov8) and we already have a couple of inches on the ground (4-6cm) woo hoo!!! I can't wait, (now if it only stays cool?)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks Brsacjab the arrows on the map don't let me go into Canada (the not white enough, great white north). Does any one know of a sight for Canada with a map of snow fall acumulations.
thanx

1 - 20 of 21 Posts