Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I towed my friend behind behind my 2002 600 EdgeX while on his snowboard. We maxed out at about 45 miles an hour, I figured much faster might get him really hurt if he fell, which he did a couple times. I got it on video too, its pretty smooth, if you're interested in seeing it, lemme know.

-SEF

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
i dont think towing someone on a snowboard is a very smart thing to do..its actually reckless driving..you never know what could happen doing that.ppl doing things like that are going to reuin the sport for the rest of us..jmo

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I understand what you mean, but he's a seasoned snowboarder and we did it on the lake on a weekday in broad daylight when there was no traffic. I had my cellphone and first aid kit IF anything happened to go wrong. We started slowly to make sure he could handle it, and after 10-12 passes, built up speed. He did fall, but he was wearing multiple layers and didn't get hurt. We didn't do it on the road or on any trails where there would have been limited visibility or people coming in the opposite direction. PLUS, I have a Collett 900 on my helmet so I could communicate with the person operating my camcorder who was also wearing one; in case they saw something I couldn't. I also have rear view mirrors, and we used hand signals to insure he was alright. Believe me, I understand what you're saying, but we took every step to be careful, and in the long run no one got hurt and everyone had a good time. I don't believe we were being reckless.

-SEF

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
There is actually a race up here every year involving sleds, snowboarder, and skiers - called Artic Man. Check the link for more info, last years purse was over 100 grand between four divisions! Anyway sounds like you guys were being safe, oh by the way in the race the average speed is 80 mph! There is nothing wrong with a little harmless fun IMO.

arcticman.com

wrong link at first! da

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Yes the last two years, and I'm going this year! My dealer tried to con me into competing with him, me on the snowboard and him pulling. I respectivly declined!!, I've snowboared for about 10 years but hell the have olympic ski and snowboarders competing.... oh well maybe next year.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I don't know distance, but the fastest recorded time is 4:5?, so it's not very short. Though the sled doesn't pull you the whole time, they just get you up a few hills....maybe a 1000ft rise. The race is mainly on the skier\snowboarders shoulders, but if you fall while being pulled count yourself out! I'll try to get some video of this years.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I've seen video's of this race and it looks like a blast. The race is basically held out in the middle of nowhere and if you don't bring a camper there is no place to stay. Looks like a party weekend. Riley

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Yeah they say during Arctic Man that it's the thrid most populated area in the state! I think average attendance is around 10,000 for the weekend, but the whole week leading up to it is one big party down there too! Also there is a lodge down there, and alot of people own cabins and rent them out. Also most all the pictures I post here come from that area where it's held.

·
Registered
117 Posts
at my uncles cabin my bro pulled me of the boat house roof (like 6 ft drop with the kicker)
that was pretty fun

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hell ya! My fiends and I do that often. Cruising around on lakes in deep pow is really fun. And we use the sleds to tow in to kickers that wouldn't be ablr to hit otherwise(no splope before the jump)
best time i had doing it was a tow-in to a road gap in font of my house.

to ken 420....ruin the sport for the rest of us?! do you even have fun on your sled, you remember fun?... right?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts