Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd let everybody know that SPEED will be broadcasting the AMSOIL Duluth National races tommorrow. I copied and pasted the email that I got from work. Its alot to read but the bottom line is that SPEED channel will be broadcasting a bunch of racing this year (starting tommorrow. "Check your local listings".

WPSA POWERSPORTS SNOWMOBILE TOUR KICKS OFF 2006 THIS WEEKEND
WITH THE 15TH ANNUAL AMSOIL DULUTH NATIONAL AT SPIRIT MOUNTAIN

DULUTH, Minn. (Nov. 22, 2006) — The WPSA PowerSports Snowmobile Tour officially kicks off its 2006-2007 season this weekend with the AMSOIL Duluth National at Spirit Mountain in Duluth, Minn. The event runs from Friday, Nov. 24 through Sunday, Nov. 26 with high-flying Snocross racing on all three days. Friday will feature fireworks, as well as Pro qualifying and Amateur racing. Saturday’s schedule includes both the Pro Open and Pro Stock finals. The Winter X Games 11 event will be featured Sunday.

Race coverage will be telecast on SPEED on Dec. 9 at 2 p.m. EST and will re-air on Dec. 14, also at 2 p.m. This year’s television package features a total of 20 of coverage of the PowerSports Snowmobile Tour.

Leading the charge into Duluth is defending Pro Stock and Pro Open Riders’ Champion Robbie Malinoski. Malinoski joined the Boss Racing squad in the off-season and will ride a four-stroke Yamaha during the 2006-2007 campaign in both Pro classes.

Meanwhile, Mathieu Morin returns to the Tour this season with a year of experience under his belt. Morin, who rode his rookie campaign last year in the Pro Stock class, won in his very first Pro start, here at Duluth. Morin is competing in both the Pro Stock and Pro Open classes this year.

Ever-present 11-time WPSA Champion Blair Morgan returns this season, healthy, and ready for No. 12. Morgan, who started last season with a severely broken thumb, essentially threw out the first two races, but performed well at the midpoint of the season, winning four races and his fifth Winter X Games Gold Medal.

Though he’s spent the last three years running AMA SuperCross races, Tucker Hibbert is back and ready for Snocross. Hibbert has three victories at Duluth in both Pro Open (2000 and 2001) and Pro Stock (2002).

Duluth resident DJ Eckstrom will attempt to follow up on his win here in Pro Open last year. Eckstrom also earned five additional podiums during the 2005-2006 season.

The Crapos, Shaun and Kurtis, will also return to competition after achieving success last season. Younger brother Shaun will pilot a new sled for Sheuring Speed Sports, while Kurtis will remain in familiar livery on an Arctic Cat.

Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin’s Ross Martin returns to Judnick Motorsports this season, and will attempt to build on an exciting 2005-2006 run. Martin finished second in points in both Pro classes, and finished the year with four victories, and five additional podiums.

These riders will be competing with the best of the best in Snocross racing, including Steve Martin, Dave Allard, Levi LaVallee, TJ Gulla, and many others.

In an effort to continue to build its ladder system, the PowerSports Snowmobile Tour will kick off its new Women’s Stock Class during this weekend’s events. The Women’s Stock Class is open to all Amateur-level women riders, competing on liquid-cooled sleds up to 600cc in engine displacement. The new class will allow women the chance to compete at an entry level before stepping up to the Pro Women’s Class.

The AMSOIL Duluth National off Friday, Nov. 24 with fireworks, Amateur racing and Pro qualifying. Racing gets underway Saturday, with both Pro finals. Sunday will feature the traditional X Games event. A full race weekend schedule can be downloaded in PDF format by visiting clicking here.
The PowerSports Snowmobile Tour is North America’s leading snowmobile racing tour and features the greatest show on snow. The Tour is North America’s premier form of Snocross racing, with its high-flying aerial displays, jumps, jolts and high-speed runs on short tracks throughout the United States and Canada. The Tour is sanctioned by the World PowerSports Association, North America’s largest and most respected organizer and promoter of snowmobile and ATV racing on both the regional and national level. For more information, please visit PowerSportsTour.com.

MEDIA INFORMATION:
Media Members who have already applied for credentials should report to Will Call to receive their credentials. All media is then required to report to the Media Center on the top floor of the Chalet and check in with Director of Communications Justin Anderson. The Media Center will be staffed all weekend and will feature high-speed Internet access and catered lunch on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Media resources guides will also be available.

DULUTH STORYLINES:
X GAMES 11…Ten of the 32 riders competing in Sunday’s special non-points event here will be selected to compete in Winter X Games 11. Winter X Games 11 is scheduled to take place Jan. 25-28 at Buttermilk Mountain in Aspen/Snomass, Colo.

SNOCROSS ON SPEED… SPEED will telecast an unprecedented 20 hours of television coverage of the 2006-2007 WPSA PowerSports Snowmobile Tour. SPEED, the leader in motorsports, automotive and powersports programming, will telecast each event in one-hour Saturday timeslots at 2 p.m. EST, followed by a re-air of the telecast the following Thursday in midday or early afternoon timeslots. SPEED begins its coverage Dec. 9 with a one-hour telecast from the AMSOIL Duluth National at 2 p.m. EST.

NEW WOMEN’S CLASS…In a continuing effort to build its ladder system, the PowerSports Snowmobile Tour will feature a Women’s Stock Class during select races on its 2006-2007 schedule, beginning with this weekend’s AMSOIL Duluth National. The Women’s Stock Class is open to all Amateur-level women riders, competing on liquid-cooled sleds up to 600cc in engine displacement. The new class will allow women the chance to compete at an entry level before stepping up to the Pro Women’s Class. Women’s Stock entrants will also be allowed to race in Junior, age-appropriate classes during race weekends. The new class will be featured at all National events this season, except the Ski-Doo Grand Prix de Valcourt in Quebec.

MALINOSKI MOVES…Last year’s Pro Stock and Pro Open Champion Robbie Malinoski joined Boss Racing in the off-season and will be competing for Yamaha this season. Malinoski, from Humboldt, Saskatchewan, will compete on the four-stroke sled,beginning with this weekend’s AMSOIL Duluth National. Malinoski had trouble here last year, finishing sixth and 10th, respectively, in Pro Open and Pro Stock.

HIBBERT RETURNS…Tucker Hibbert returns to WPSA PowerSports Snowmobile Tour competition this weekend after a three-year hiatus, riding an Arctic Cat sled sponsored by Monster Energy Drink. Hibbert has three victories at Duluth in both Pro Open (2000 and 2001) and Pro Stock (2002). Hibbert is also an accomplished AMA SuperCross racer.

AMSOIL RETURNS…AMSOIL, the recognized leader in synthetic oils, continues its relationship with the PowerSports Snowmobile Tour this year, as well as with the Duluth event. AMSOIL’s corporate headquarters is just across the bay from Duluth in Superior, Wis.

CRAPO CLIMBS…Shaun Crapo signed with Scheuring Speed Sports and will pilot the No. 3 Polaris for the AMSOIL/Red Bull/Air Force-backed team this season. Crapo has the distinction of making all 10 finals in both Pro Stock and Pro Open last year, winning two Pro Stock races and one in Pro Open competition. Crapo finished ninth in both classes here last season.

LOCAL BOY…Dennis “DJ” Eckstrom returns to Scheuring Speed Sports this season and will pilot his familiar No. 25 Polaris this season. Eckstrom, from Duluth, Minn., won the Pro Open race here last year, and finished third in Pro Stock.

SOPHOMORE SENSATION…Second-year rider Mathieu Morin returns to Duluth to start his second year of Pro competition on the PowerSports Snowmobile Tour. Morin (No. 27 Dodge/Ski-Doo) won his first race, in his first ever start here last year, in the Pro Stock class. Morin will be competing in both Pro Open and Pro Stock this season.

ENTRIES…This year’s AMSOIL Duluth National features 655 total entries

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
thanks buddy i will be watching for sure!!

·
Registered
901 Posts
sweet gotta set the vcr to record that so i can watch it when i get back from sleddin

·
Registered
527 Posts
There having snowcross qualifying at Windum mountain here in NY. I think I might go down :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
thanx for the info ill be watching cuz i have no snow and thats the only thing i can do that envolves snowmobiling

·
Registered
690 Posts
ill be watching it, why is there never much snocross on t.v.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Man thank you for the heads up. I have my dish set for auto tune. Will be watching it in about 20 min.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
i will be watching in 12 mins i cant wait i have been waiting since 10:00 am, lol

·
Registered
666 Posts
It just got over and im a tad bit peaved abouthow the crew chief dude of the yamaha race team basically lied to the general public on tv. The chick doing the interview asked him what the advantaged of running a 4 - stroke engine was and he replied " the advantage over running a 2 stroke is that a 2 stroke only makes 2 combustion strokes per revolution of the crank shaft where as a 4 stroke makes 4 combustion strokes per revolution of the crank shaft giving us a major torque advantage over a 2 stroke"... I wanted to reach threw the tv and beat him over the head with a shovel... But other than that, the crash in the 3rd pro open qualifier was pritty narly and i was pritty excited to see polaris take the top 2 podium spots.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Yeah that Yamaha guy was an idiot. It sounded like he didn't know what he was talking about, maybe he was nervous... I was going for levi, but oh well, polaris got the top 2 in both races...

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
well that was ok, i guess the crash on the first pro stock race was funny, i couldn't stop laughing. but those races were pretty good and that team yami guy, what and idiot ehh. i unno i enjoyed it AND CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE TO COME.

·
Registered
666 Posts
yeah, i personally think that a lot of that crash could have been avoided if tucker hibber could learn to lay off the trottle a little but, what ever. O and i was rooting for levi all the way. I think he's gana end up being the under dog this year.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Originally posted by SKYDE
[br]It just got over and im a tad bit peaved abouthow the crew chief dude of the yamaha race team basically lied to the general public on tv. The chick doing the interview asked him what the advantaged of running a 4 - stroke engine was and he replied " the advantage over running a 2 stroke is that a 2 stroke only makes 2 combustion strokes per revolution of the crank shaft where as a 4 stroke makes 4 combustion strokes per revolution of the crank shaft giving us a major torque advantage over a 2 stroke"... I wanted to reach threw the tv and beat him over the head with a shovel... But other than that, the crash in the 3rd pro open qualifier was pritty narly and i was pritty excited to see polaris take the top 2 podium spots.
You weren't the only one who wanted to reach thru the TV!! If I heard "4-stroke is the future" one more time I was gonna pick the TV up and throw it thru the patio door!! (and it's a 52' TV) The one thing that was interesting was how when they asked Robbie WHY he switched brands he gave the BS answer "I wanted a challenge" why not just have the balls to say "Because I got paid ALOT of money to switch"!!

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
That Yammi guy made me po'ed too. If they were so mch superior than why not let the 2 strokes have the cc advantage. I didnt like how the dumbass announcers were talking the 4 stroke is the future crap either. But from the first race i knew they didnt have a clue what they were talking about when they said those sleds were the same as what you buy off the showroom floor.

Besides that they were great races even though it was a short track. I dont really see it as Polaris winning as much as Martin winning. All 3 brands are pretty equal to each other in SnoX this season.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Just got back from the snow-cross down in Windham NY. It was pretty cool, Here are some pics that I took with my phone. [:D][attachment=51502] [attachment=51503]

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I wonder who Robbie will be ridin for next year??

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
yamaha 4-strokes = good sleds.

yamaha RACING them = horrible idea whoever came up with that just put a bullet in your head. end it now.

robbie switching to ride them = he won oit on a cat last year.. he WONT do it on a yamaha this one.

not bashing yamaha. just their snocross sled. haha[:)]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts