Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

One of the pro-open mod polaris sleds rounding the corner...note that this sled is red like the old ones were, not all were blue as indicated by my day 1 pics

One of the new cat's rounding the same corner

another cat rider

The pro's lineing up for the pro-open final, the sled behind the cat is one of the new ski-doo's

one of the new mean cat's on the back straight

pic of all the racers viewing the race in progress, and to the left you can see the finish line

all the racers lined up in one of the last heats of the pro-open class

Great action pic of the pro's heading into the big turn in a group

and another!

one of the cats going airborn into the turn

one of the big cats heading down the front straight

one of the new ski-doo's going down the back straight, followed by the yamaha

I believe this is tucker but I'm not sure by the picture

a polaris gets sprayed!

notice how little there is to the polaris pro-open sleds....no wonder they lost 60 lbs, there is nothing left!

The yamaha going fast into the corner

A pic of Blair's sled on the finish line after the final

The winner (Tucker) getting mauled by reporters!

The second day of my snowcross experience was quite different than the first. First of all, I want to apologise for not getting more and better pictures, but there was simply no room to move enough to get some really good shots. There was WAAAYYY too many people there! Anyhow, going back to what I said about the Ski-Doo's dominating, I would like to recant that statement. Now that they got the Cat's hooked up and adjusted properly, and the riders have more of a feel for them, they proved to be just about unstoppable!!! GO CAT!! In the final, Tucker won, but not only did he win, but he almost lapped Blair, which was in 3rd place! I cannot even describe how much of a lead he had!! Throughout the day, the Cat's consistantly held the advantage over the other sleds. Polaris seemed to hold strong as the second best followed by the Doo's and lastly the Yamaha. Man those yamaha drivers REALLY take a beating on those sleds!! Wow, it is amazing they can even hold on! The holeshot off the line ALWAYS went to the new Doo's, without fail. Judging by the amount of air they were getting, I would also say that the Doo's were the lightest, too. But no one could deny the lead the Cat's were pulling away with....and the final was an embaresment to the other teams, man that was a beating!! Any thoughts, comment's, suggestions?

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!

Edited by - intendedacceleration on 09 Dec 2001 21:37:34

·
Registered
155 Posts
hey man, no apologies needed, thanks for all the pics. sure makes me wish i would'a went though. i think i'm gonna go to the Alerus in Grand Forks to see the indoor snowcross on the 22nd. thanks again.

Celebrate Your Indepence With A Rocket...Ride Polaris

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
damnit.....I WANNA GO NOW!!!! look at all that snow! kinda brown tho....i love snocross. cant wait till it comes to fargo so i can go.

Think Snow...hell...might as well think lots of snow!

Member #3 of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team

·
Registered
38 Posts
No need to apologise intended.I wish I was close enough to attend myself.Thanks for the photos and the coverage.Oh ya...GO CAT!!!

Edited by - zlrider on 09 Dec 2001 22:42:46

·
Registered
181 Posts
DAMN Intended....You are REALLY REALLY the shit. EVERYONE!!!!!!!! I WANT YOU TO THINK ABOUT HOW LONG IT TAKES TO UPLOAD ALL THESE PICS< WRITE CAPTIONS< AND POST ALL OF 'EM. WE OWE INTENDED FOR A LOT OF SNOWMOBILE ENJOYMENT. INTENDEDACCELERATION IS POSTER GUY OF THE [email protected] YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I can see why ppl hate Yamaha. They do crappy in racing. Their star last year that Asian guy was sort of a dirty racer, and at the SnoDeo shootouts this year THEY DID ABSOLUTELY FREAKING HORRIBLE! My dad being the only Yamaha rider in his group got picked on extremely badly. I can't understand it. In the 1/4 the XC 700 pulled almost 100MPH and the Viper got 79MPH!!! That makes no sense at all. I personally rode our Viper in the 1/8 and was doing at least 70 at the end of the 1/8. Now unless the sled has nothing after that there is something really wrong. I will admit that the Viper does seem to trail off. Like it gets out of the hole amazing and rips past the rest of the boys but at the end of a 1/8th it starts to sort of slow down and the others sort of catch it. We are installing a Overdrive Sheave(sp?) on our viper to give it more top end. Hopefully this helps.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the comments! I had a great time there and I feel that it is my duty to share that with all of you. If anybody has any questions about the race that I didn't cover here, please ask. Thanks again everyone!

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Wow intended... Thank you for the pics im sure it was great. Wish i could have been there. looks like a killer time

Ride it like you stole it

·
Registered
586 Posts
cool pics. you rock!

Beware of landowners wielding snowshovels!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes they were....I'm fairly confident that me and my girlfriend will be on tv too....sweet!! Oh and by the way 500 POSTS!!! WOO FRICKEN HOO!

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!​

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have no idea, I just looked on their site and couldn't find it.....oh well

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!​

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great Pix! I gotta go to the WSA at Vernon this yr. Gotta look at the new doo up close, maybe it'll grow on me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
GREAT PIC Those pic were great even though the race is way out there for me. And by the time espn put them on TV it will be in Jan. I hope you can put more pic of the next race to.

TEAM BLUE SAID WIND IT UP BABY

·
Registered
80 Posts
Here is the link with the airtimes for ESPN.
http://www.wsaracing.com/portalpak/pagedetail.asp?pagecode=espn
It has every WSA races airtime for this years events. Hope this helps.

P.S. The Gaylord, MI race has been rescheduled. So that airtime is not correct.

Edited by - skippy on 22 Dec 2001 15:02:10

1 - 18 of 18 Posts