Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I responded to this call:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story/2011/01/12/man-snowmobile-crash-st-joseph.html

Fellow was decapitated. Very sad day.

They say the person is unidentified, I know who it was and I knew him very well. It sucks. Big time.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
My condolences P-Man!

That has got to be really hard seeing someone you know leave us in that manner. Every time I hear a sad story like that, it reminds me to be cautious in new areas. I hope all members here read this and makes some us think more.

Again, sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
311 Posts
That really sucks! Always have to be cautious in new areas! Ive come close to fences before and its scary!

Sorry for your loss man.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Wow, bummer...

It's gotta be weird, finding someone you know killed like that.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Real sorry you had to be apart of that. I couldn't even imagine, a real close personal friend of mine is a first responder and was first on scene when my wife, daughter, and neice were killed in a car accident. Shook him up pretty hard.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Jeff, thoughts and prayers to your buddys family as well as yourself. Stay strong buddy, always tough. Is this someone the SF crew would know? Let me know if you need anything!

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nobody here would know him. The "snowmobile" part of the whole thing is pretty lame actually, the sled hadn't been ridden in like three years. Guy dragged it into his garage, got it running, and went out to test it out to see if it was running right. Never came home.

He was wearing a helmet.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Sorry to hear my condolences to you and his family.

Cheers

·
Registered
276 Posts
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your buddy's family. Always terrible to hear about something like this.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that that's really something a person shouldn't have to experience in their life time. I really hope this incident hits home for most on here, regardless if you knew the gentleman or not. Think of it as it could have been your family friend or loved one. Losing a friend is tough, there's something about the fact that they will not be around more and you know it just gives you an un explainable feeling.

P man just out of curiosity, relating to a situation, one of my bosses dump trucks were involved in a head on collision on a 45 mph highway, suburban crossed over and hit the sterling fully loaded 6 inches off center, everything under the hood was where the driver should Have been. They got out to help and the two guys I know personally said they saw nothing but body parts, couldn't even describe what they saw. It was a family of 4. Both of them had to go through extensive counseling to help them out. Responding to this tragedy of yours and seeing what you saw affect you maybe a little more like them? I belIeve something like that would hit me extremely hard
Again we are all sorry for your loss, thoughts are with your friend and yourself. And pray something like this does not fall on the rest of us.

Bmxican

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Not to take anything away for the very very sad situation, however lets thank and honor Jeff for donating his time and efforts to help others and subjecting himself to these situations. Takes a special person. Thanks Jeff for making a positive difference! This goes to all voluntary aide workers! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
MNSLEDNECK56308 said:
Not to take anything away for the very very sad situation, however lets thank and honor Jeff for donating his time and efforts to help others and subjecting himself to these situations. Takes a special person. Thanks Jeff for making a positive difference! This goes to all voluntary aide workers! Thanks!
Amen to that. I have a lot of respect for what those guys do. Thanks to all of you who volunteer to do such work. I hope all the youngsters will read this and take it to heart. Granted im almost 20, but a mature I think. I look back on how I used to ride like a bat outta hell. Luckily nothing ever severe happened to me. Smashed my sled up pretty good once 2 years ago going 60 down a ditch in an unfamiliar area jumping road approaches as they came. I could've been seriously hurt but nothing happened to me. And ever since then I've only ridden hard in familiar areas. I hope people will read this and realize it shouldn't take having an accident to realize how you shouldn't have been driving like you were

·
Registered
17 Posts
SAD SORRY MAN THE THING WE LOVE CAN HURT US

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
MNSLEDNECK56308 said:
X2 with out a doubt!

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the support guys. It seems like everyone around here knows who it was by now so I will tell you guys why it hit real close to home. The victim was my girlfriend of 2.5 years step-father. So basically like a father-in-law to me.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Jeff my thought our with you and your gf family.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts