Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I asked for your opinion regarding the design i was working on in school this semester. I wanted to thank you all for your feedback and post some pictures of my design. the link is below:

www.designugly.com/james/rhea/rhea.pdf

·
Registered
276 Posts
Its pretty interesting. Call me in 15 years, the new styling would probably be better accepted then. Nice design tho

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
That looks pretty sweet. I'm not sure how functional it would be, but it's a cool concept. What programs did you use to create that?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
pretty sick man good job

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Not bad.. The foot position wouldnt work too well your feet would be hitting off of everything on the ground its way too low and open to the ground. What college do you go to? Im taking a bunch of engineering corses at school right now.

·
Super Moderator
11,684 Posts
Nice concept. May not be completely functionable IMO, but the creative juices are most certainly flowing!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
very nice, i would like to try that out, in another 15-20 years. but damn, just like a crotch rocket.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Nice job, I might be interested in doing something like that someday. The way the pegs are on the suspension, it may throw you off because of a hard tail landing, just a thought

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Pretty sweet design. However, I would not have the foot pegs mounted down low on a pivoting suspension. The suspension will be taking a beating and moving a lot. On the landing from a jump, the rear suspension will hit first. If your feet are on those pegs, your legs take the impact of all your body weight coming down on them. I like the ideas you have, the design is good and streamlined, but you really should rethink the foot position. As other stated, there should be something to offer protection from debris comping up from underneath. A full running board is really the best design. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
901 Posts
lake runner-that would be a good sled
ditchbanging-bad platform and your feet would hit everything
nice job though

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
looks cool. looks better than the new cats by far.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts