Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which sled brand do you think brings to play the best overall package in terms of reliability, performance, durability, and style for snowmobiles? Please Explain...

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
This topic has been beat to death ( past topics ) but all of them has pros and cons, too many variable factors , personal preferences as well!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
the only way to really know the truth about reliability is to see manufacturers data. they know, and they certainly don't make it public. you'd have to get info from every manufacturer and compare. other than that it's just talk.

performance and durability varies greatly depending on year and model. there's at least as much variance between models from each manufacturer as there is between manufacturers in my opinion.

and style is completely about personal taste. i like something from some year, from every manufacturer. my favorite design ever is probably the 04 pro-xr. but i like the wedge polaris sleds, i like the skidoo rev...

·
Registered
197 Posts
When you ask this type of question you get a bunch of opinions from people who prefer one brand over another. You will get a bunch of responses about how somebody sees so many brand x snowmobiles in the shop or broke down on the trail. The truth is nobody has the actual physical data to prove which manufacturer has the best package. Also what might be the best package for you might not be the best package for someone else. Here is an example, I own an Arctic Cat and a Polaris, my neighbor owns a Doo. I like his sled a lot, it is a 2002 MXZ 600. He has broken down a few times, but that does not say anything about the reliability of a Doo. It has everything to do with the fact that at the end of the season he puts the cover on his sled and parks it next to his shed. No maintenence whatsoever. I am more meticulous about maintence so I dont expect my stuff to wear out as fast. I think all sleds are made pretty much equal these days. Now with all that said I think the best overall package for my taste is the 2006 Polaris 600 HO. I base this on looks and performance.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Most of them are going to go to Polaris.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts