Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a fulltime sledder and a part time writer ( Hack ) lol. I am very seriously considering writting a little sled fiction. My question is, would anyone out there be interested ? If so, what would you guys ( and gals ) like to read about ? Please give me some input in this forum, yes, no or hell no. Also if yes, what would interest you in a snowmobile fiction book ? Let me know and I'll keep you posted .
Thanx

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
maybe people on a snowmobile trip or a racers long road to glory.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
im not much of a reader but i would probably pick something like that if i saw it on a shelf

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I too am not much of a reader but a book about a snomobile trip would be interesting to me. Include trail conditions, scenery, some adventure, "abandoned buildings, Big foot? snipers, unruly landowners??? LOL, avelanch, After hours parties...etc. etc. )get into character descriptions, sled descriptions. Be sure to have plenty of pics... Just my .02

·
Registered
69 Posts
Maybe a Huckleberry Finn type of adventure with snowmobiles. People that he meets along the way (maybe a long legged waitress). A snow storm that cold happen include the value of the supplies that were packed maybe staying in an abandon cabin that he had to fight a raccoon for?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
You should make a book about 2-3 people up sledding in the mountains and got lost and maybe they got caught in a avalanche and stuff like that.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
I think a novel of a group of sledders getting caught in a huge blizzard would be good. Show what and what not to do. Basiclly a survivor story. Do some research on Snowest on avalanche rescues and youll find som good info.

Maybe the story of a group of sledders in the mtns, have people caught in an avy and then a big storm come in right after. Some storms can have people stuck in the wild for 3-4 nights. Could also have seperate chapters on the rescue parties search or on how the lost sledders families are coping.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
maybe one or two people on a long trip, and the sled breaks down or runs out of gas, so they need to tea apart the sled to use items to hunt and stay alive

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, you really motivated me, and have given me some great ideas ! Please keep them coming, Ill try to knock something out and then post it to see what you think.
Thanx

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Looks like you have alot of good ideas up to get you started!! Get writing and post as you go ill read it!! Sounds like a cool book! If it ever hits the shelves ill buy it and read it to my children as a bedtime story!! That is when i ever have kids!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts