Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, to make a long story short, i have an 01 Polaris xcsp 600. dripped coolant into the motor over the summer cause of the flaw.(didn't know) and wouldn't start. brought it to the shop, they ripped it apart and said i had a shit load of water in the bottom of the motor. they drained it in the process. i did research and learned about the flaw and that you should start the sled every week to burn off the dripped in coolant. it sat over the summer, so if they drained it, does that mean i could start it up if there is no more coolant in the motor and keep running it. i have not gotten the sled back yet. i think that it may be good to go because every time i would pull it over the anti freeze would fill the plugs, and come out of the head if i had em' out. anybody's consent would help because i have not gotten the sled back yet to try too start it, is it a waste of time? Thanks and sorry for length.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
first again. punks are getting slow!

condensation is why you start a sled during the summer. anti freeze means a leak somewhere.
if it was my sled and it had sat with a crankcase full of water, i would have the crank sent out to a crank shop and bearings checked. i wouldnt trust the polaris shop 100% on there judgement. metal in water = rust. rust on bearings = destroyed engine when things go down hill.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
madcow said:
first again. punks are getting slow!

condensation is why you start a sled during the summer. anti freeze means a leak somewhere.
if it was my sled and it had sat with a crankcase full of water, i would have the crank sent out to a crank shop and bearings checked. i wouldnt trust the polaris shop 100% on there judgement. metal in water = rust. rust on bearings = destroyed engine when things go down hill.
HA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts