Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well over the summer I decided to remove the stickers and shoot some paint on my hood. It was my first attempt so tell me what you think.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
very awsome!! looks good for being the first time..

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Beauty, I never would have guessed that was the first time you did it. Looks awesome.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Sweet hood. I will have to do some more custom work on my sled sometime this winter.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Very,Very,Nice ,
You may have just found a good side job,

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
looks awesome, i can paint a little and was going to do mine, what kind of paint did you use and did you use a flex additive????[:)]
oh, one more thing, what prep work did you do to the hood before paint??

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, i took the cheap way out. All it is, is a Dupont Nason Single-Stage urethane which was still $30 a pint not including the catalyst and reducer. I did not use any flex additive. And as far as the pattern, well I didn't use one, i just laid down masking tape on the hood, then drew the flames on the tape with a pencil then carefully cut them out with a razor blade, and after that i ran 1/8" fine line tape along all the edges because paint will bleed through the masking tape. Then all i did was scotch-brite the existing paint then wiped it down with dx-330 then used a tack cloth to clean off any other stuff left over. It was about 20 hours of prep work and 20 minutes of spraying the paint.

·
Registered
352 Posts
looks good man!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I believe it was going to be for a classic but there were no stickers on it when i got it. The stickers i mentioned i took off were the ones i had kofstad signs make me.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Cool hood, I need to a custom paint job to finish off my TCat just might try it myself first worst case I screw it up and the paint shop has to fix it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts