Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,293 Posts
very awsome!! looks good for being the first time..

·
Administrator
1998 XCR 440
13,109 Posts
Beauty, I never would have guessed that was the first time you did it. Looks awesome.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
looks awesome, i can paint a little and was going to do mine, what kind of paint did you use and did you use a flex additive????[:)]
oh, one more thing, what prep work did you do to the hood before paint??

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, i took the cheap way out. All it is, is a Dupont Nason Single-Stage urethane which was still $30 a pint not including the catalyst and reducer. I did not use any flex additive. And as far as the pattern, well I didn't use one, i just laid down masking tape on the hood, then drew the flames on the tape with a pencil then carefully cut them out with a razor blade, and after that i ran 1/8" fine line tape along all the edges because paint will bleed through the masking tape. Then all i did was scotch-brite the existing paint then wiped it down with dx-330 then used a tack cloth to clean off any other stuff left over. It was about 20 hours of prep work and 20 minutes of spraying the paint.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.