looks awesome, i can paint a little and was going to do mine, what kind of paint did you use and did you use a flex additive????
oh, one more thing, what prep work did you do to the hood before paint??
Well, i took the cheap way out. All it is, is a Dupont Nason Single-Stage urethane which was still $30 a pint not including the catalyst and reducer. I did not use any flex additive. And as far as the pattern, well I didn't use one, i just laid down masking tape on the hood, then drew the flames on the tape with a pencil then carefully cut them out with a razor blade, and after that i ran 1/8" fine line tape along all the edges because paint will bleed through the masking tape. Then all i did was scotch-brite the existing paint then wiped it down with dx-330 then used a tack cloth to clean off any other stuff left over. It was about 20 hours of prep work and 20 minutes of spraying the paint.
A forum community dedicated to snowmobile owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, racing, troubleshooting, trails, maintenance, riding tips, modifications, classifieds, gear, and more!