Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,689 Posts
I think each individual has their own style of jumping; you have to get out and try it. Start small, get comfortable with it. Get a little bigger, get comfortable, and so on. Practice makes perfect...

[attachment=27103]

Attachments

·
Registered
700 Posts
throttle regulates balance. Braking in the air will bring down your nose, gasin it in the air will lower your tail end. Try to land somewhat parallel with the ground but just a little tail heavy. Let off the gas after you're in the air. Dont lock your knees. Keep legs and arms bent. Stand up.
Dont get hurt

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Make sure that you have enough speed too. Its all physics. If you let of too early or lose all your momentum then you might nosedive it. Each Sled has their own weight and they all vary depending on the sled or the track. Just be sure not to go TO BIG on your first jumps. Try practicing off small stuff. Make sure if you don't have a ditch banger sled that you might want a landing. REmember there is more stress on your sled when you flat. Keeps your knees bent and adjust properly. P.S Its not stupid to bail. I once went off a ramp that my friend had and the tail came down and the hood pointed up. Bail!! Not only would you fall after the crash but if you land on the sled while its angled like that your likely to smasah head into the bars or break something. It happend to my friend.
And In the air once you peak your jump the gravity and weight of the hood will make you angle down. [attachment=48591]
Rules of thumb are
1) Balance
2)Weight distribution
3)Brake and Throttle
4)Patience
And also make sure that when you jump you know where you are going to land......
Hope I could help
SledCrew

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
Like what proxj said.start small and work your way up to the bigger ones.the biggest thing in jumping is to be committed to the jump once you start.

[attachment=24600]
[attachment=22327]
[attachment=48642]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
All the advice has been going in the right direction. Just make sure you don't go above your riding abilities, at first.

[attachment=48644]

[attachment=48645]

[attachment=48657]

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
start small and then go bigger
[attachment=48683]
[attachment=48684]
[attachment=48685]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Perfect .
Originally posted by Boss302man
[br]throttle regulates balance. Braking in the air will bring down your nose, gasin it in the air will lower your tail end. Try to land somewhat parallel with the ground but just a little tail heavy. Let off the gas after you're in the air. Dont lock your knees. Keep legs and arms bent. Stand up.
Dont get hurt

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.