Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any body have any idea on wat motor i could put in my club car golf cart? i was hoping that maybe a fan cooled motor would work because idk how you would cool a liquid one. theres not really a place for a radiator on a golf cart. any inputs would be great,
thanks guys!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha no im looking to put it in there so i can go faster and have more pulling power. i was thinkin a snowmobile engine cuz they are very snappy and have lots of low end power if geared right, ive heard that the rotax 583 fan cooled motors are pretty good. but its hard to find some like that that are cheap.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
find an old beat up indy 500 or a trail cheap. then you can use a bunch of parts off it.

·
Registered
739 Posts
crums440 said:
haha no im looking to put it in there so i can go faster and have more pulling power. i was thinkin a snowmobile engine cuz they are very snappy and have lots of low end power if geared right, ive heard that the rotax 583 fan cooled motors are pretty good. but its hard to find some like that that are cheap.
no such thing as a rotax 583 fan.. the 583 is a liquid but the rotax 503 is a good fan or even a rotax 377 fan

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
those motors will pull tons if you clutch and tune them. they are WAY detuned from the factory. instead of dropping a new motor in just tune it up. clutching and jetting will go a long way with them.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i have done this look for any cheap twin cylender liqued cooled engine and jet it for the warm weather wont have a problem little fab work lill clutch work and its an amzing mod that makes lots of fun and gets lots of looks! iam apolaris guy so i used a old indy 400 engine

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
M_Billiaert said:
i have done this look for any cheap twin cylender liqued cooled engine and jet it for the warm weather wont have a problem little fab work lill clutch work and its an amzing mod that makes lots of fun and gets lots of looks! iam apolaris guy so i used a old indy 400 engine
yeah but how did you cool that liquid motor? and also, wat do you mean by tune up the original motor? its a single cylinder and it doesnt seem like theres much motor to work with in the first place.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
riderfan88 said:
is this golf cart gonna be used on a course? cus i don't know what kind of rules they have.. just ripping down the course 50 mph :p that would be a fast round
no its pretty much my version of a polaris ranger. thats y i want to put a bigger motor in it so i can have the power and speed.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I've seen them on the internet where they have a 1000 CC engine in them and the thing, with a little help from a buddy on the back, can do wheelies for a couple blocks. And they do about 70-80, which I think is beyond awesome.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i used a rad out of a ford tempo... its small and it fit nicely when the rack for the golf clubs used to go, its a bit over kill in size but ahhh what the hell it was free. and as for making the engine run in warmer weather use biger jets this takes some playing, the reson for the larger jets is think of it this way a guy explaned this to me once and i got it. think of a oxy accetlean torch when u turn on just the gas is smokes and is a cold flame when you have half gas its not to hot still smokes a lill (ideal for a engine) when a engine over heats its geting to much oxeygen like when u have the oxegen on full on a torch thus it melts down your engine. so if u want a engine o run cooler biger jets if you have to big of jets it will foul plugs to small u will burn er up hope this helps

1 - 16 of 16 Posts