Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should i get a dirt bike or a snowmobile? winter has sucked for 3 years where i live so far. and i am thinking of geting something new. so i would end up trading my snowmobile and atv, unless i find a cheap dirt bike(the crf230f)or just getting a snowmobile.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Keep what u have

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Do not get teh sxvenom, I REPEAT DO NOT GET THE SXVENOM... really though its just the SXR 600 triple single pipe engine in a Viper Chassis and all I have to say if it wasn't for the power that the Viper makes in its original form I would never recommend it to anyone, and the SXR 600 doesn't know the word power. Its alright but I really wouldn't recommend it. Not gonna vote cause I don't agree with any of the options, I know myself I can never decide till I make the descision and then I always regret it, but I know that no matter what I choose i will regret not choosing the others, no matter what.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no im not jokin. one year we got like 7 ft. of snow. i tried to get out the sled and it got buried. so that was a sucky year. then after 7 foot alls we got was water from melting.lol. then the past 2 years got almost no snow at all.

·
Registered
506 Posts
no SXVenom, if you want a new yammi, get a viper, they're tried and true, SX-R 600 is strong... for a 600. SXViper is weak... for an 800 (it's main competition) but still, it can take most 800 twins, but it's not a hyper triple, it handles bloody well tho

SXvenom=bad
SXViper=good

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
throw pipes on teh VIper, wakes it up believe me :). The SXR 600 engine was a good engine a year or two ago but it just doesn't compete with the 600 twins of today. Thats why I said you would be way better off with an XC or a Firecat. The Viper is a good package, not the best suspension but good strong engine, but if you take the engine away I really say buy something else.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, so far looks like i'll be keepen my sled and trading the atv for a crf230f, unless people suddenly vote for the other 2 that are catching up.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
I hope you don't entirely base your decision on the opinions of members on this forum. I mean, it can be a starting point, but you also have to research yourself too.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Yeah, don't completely base your decision on what you get from a poll here.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah, im takin a ride to a honda dealer soon to check out a crf230f, maybe instead of a 2004 i can pick up a new 2003 for cheaper. i sort of think the dirt bike idea would be the best also because the i still have a winter and sumer vehicle instead of just a summer, or instead of just a winter vehicle.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
yeah your own opinions are the ones that really matter, like in my poll everyone said get another sled, but I am pretty sure in a couple weeks I am going and snowchecking a NightFire F6.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah but in the yard of our new house were going to have a motocross track, right now the atv i have weighs 700 lbs. how am i suposed to jump a 700 lb atv[?] my brothers getting a yamaha rapter 660[:p] when he turns 16 in august. and to drive an atv you must be 16. and i will also want to go on dirt trails with him so i sortof need a bike.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I didn't look is that the popular vote? It sounds like what you really want to me so I say go for it. ANd yes you have to be 16 to ride a quad or sled.... I've been riding both since I was like umm 8 or 9. Never had a little kids of either just rode the big ones :). Yes I hit a few things broke a few parts but hey I learned and I think I am a pretty good rider now. Raptor is a nice quad, powerful to say the least. I sincerely hope thats not his first quad. First timer on a Raptor isn't a good idea. I was looking at getting a new atv and I wasn't even considering the Raptor because I wanted to get experience on some slightly less deadly powerful machines first.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I couldn't make up my mind so I have all three. A sled, a ATV and a Dirt Bike. It took me awhile to get them, but I maintain them well so they will last a long time. My son, however, may have other plans. He cranks on them pretty hard. He flipped the Scrambler the first day we had it, has dumped the bike several times and has not done anything to the sled yet(knock on wood). No, I am not rich, I have been saving for the past five years. Patience.

Ski-Doo 600 Rev
Polaris 500 Scrambler
Kawasaki 250 KLX

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well im trying to stay away from the quad because you have to be 16 to ride them, and i would like to do some trail riding too.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Ya, right. Like my son is 16. Just be careful. I was crazy as a kid, and while I worry about him, he needs to experience the fun also.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts