Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.magnumtuning.com/en/product_text/dyno-boost_sled_performance_chip_programmable_fuel_controller

are these worth it? or are they a scam? has anyone ever put one on there sled and tested it? just would like to know some info on the pros and cons of this chip. it seems kinda sketchy..[confused2]

Nick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
632 Posts
IMHO....I wouldnt use anything not endorsed by the manufacturer of the sled in question.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,786 Posts
If you want something like that, I would look into what the Power Commander has to offer for the 600 CFI's. I know it does wonders for the 800 CFI-4's, but the 600's have a pretty good map to begin with.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,987 Posts
That fools the air-temp sensor into leaning out the mixture, and will smoke your motor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
844 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
That fools the air-temp sensor into leaning out the mixture, and will smoke your motor.
Fools it into thinking its coolder out, therefore throwing it into a richer mixture.
Probably wouldn't toast the motor, but if its running richer, I highly doubt the
claims for more power/torque.
Unless installed on a modded engine which may require more fuel[?]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,422 Posts
cat-sass said:
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
That fools the air-temp sensor into leaning out the mixture, and will smoke your motor.
Fools it into thinking its coolder out, therefore throwing it into a richer mixture.
Probably wouldn't toast the motor, but if its running richer, I highly doubt the
claims for more power/torque.
Unless installed on a modded engine which may require more fuel[?]
If the computer thinks it's colder then it will lean it out, not richen it up. If it's running more lean then it would be more snappy, but like poo kid said your motor would probably melt down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,987 Posts
cat-sass said:
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
That fools the air-temp sensor into leaning out the mixture, and will smoke your motor.
Fools it into thinking its coolder out, therefore throwing it into a richer mixture.
Probably wouldn't toast the motor, but if its running richer, I highly doubt the
claims for more power/torque.
Unless installed on a modded engine which may require more fuel[?]
BAD info, please don't post what you know nothing about..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
844 Posts
Although I was posting about a product I know nothing about,
I was posting what the product claims to do!!
I read the first paragraph,completely, hence the comment about it running richer vs. leaner.
The last line of that paragraph reads:

Dyno-BOOST tricks the ECU thinking the intake air much more cooler, then the ECU will send more fuel for a richer mix besides if the current snowmobile has oxygen sensor it blocks restrictions effected by the ECU.

Most stock sleds will not benefit from theadded fuel,
hence my comment about doubting the performance gains unless
used on a sled that requires more fuel.

A "negative" rating, for posting what was claimed??
Did I miss something?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,842 Posts
cat-sass said:
Although I was posting about a product I know nothing about,
I was posting what the product claims to do!!
I read the first paragraph,completely, hence the comment about it running richer vs. leaner.
The last line of that paragraph reads:

Dyno-BOOST tricks the ECU thinking the intake air much more cooler, then the ECU will send more fuel for a richer mix besides if the current snowmobile has oxygen sensor it blocks restrictions effected by the ECU.

Most stock sleds will not benefit from theadded fuel,
hence my comment about doubting the performance gains unless
used on a sled that requires more fuel.

A "negative" rating, for posting what was claimed??
Did I miss something?
i can agree with that.

i had sent this company a letter a long time ago asking what sled they did the test on, and how adding fuel to a sled is going to make more power.
got very off topic responses, question them again and they simply didnt respond.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top