Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was on slednh and saw this topic for a plow for a sled its so funny hears a link to the site and it has a video to i feel over laughing
http://www.cyclecountry.com/snowmobile-plows

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I don't think I would try something like that, snowmobiles are just not designed for that purpose. Yeah, they made a snow plow that fits on a sled but what kind of stress is it putting on the machine that it was not designed for?

·
Registered
222 Posts
looks like the dumbest thing ever. hit a chunk of ice and watch your A-arms come back into your shins

·
Registered
915 Posts
haha that is so dumb snowmobile is meant to drive in the snow not plow it all away so you dont have any snow to ride on. I bet it sucks trying to steer it with no snow. Notice they only showed him plowing straight not backing up or turning around.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
hahahahahahahahaha lmao
the only thing that would be good for is building jumps.
i feel super bad for the sucker that buys that!!!![Imaposer]

·
Registered
538 Posts
and when you hit a chunk of ice, rock, small ledge, or even a frozen snow bank too hard it'll rip the a-arms clean off the sled while simultaneously throwing you over the bars.

·
Registered
97 Posts
It doesnt seem like too bad of an idea if you have an old crappy sled and dont tend to get huge snowstorms all the time. Crap for 700 bucks id throw one of those on our pantera to try it... lol. Then again maybe not, since our plowing for a whole season in old forge is less than 500 bucks ;)

·
Registered
222 Posts
i just dont understand who would think this is a great idea? once you plow away the snow youre running your carbides on concrete!!!!
if youre afraid your 4 wheeler wont make it put some tracks on the wheeler!

·
Registered
97 Posts
You obviously cant plow away all the snow though because a plow like that doesnt weigh enough to put down pressure! i could see maybe at worst, it would still leave enough of a coating for the slides on a blacktop parking lot...

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Does is come with a chest protector?

Admittedly, it would be handy plowing at 70mph sometimes, but damn..

I like the idea of using it to build ramps, but dunno how it would do going through two foot deep powder to get there.. I mean, yammies are already front heavy, that would make it a hundred times worse.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:

Admittedly, it would be handy plowing at 70mph sometimes, but damn..

I like the idea of using it to build ramps, but dunno how it would do going through two foot deep powder to get there.. I mean, yammies are already front heavy, that would make it a hundred times worse.
ya them yamahas are heavy period and think if you hit a chunk of stuck.frozen ice at 70....ow! i dont even think your chest protector would help lol

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:

[highlight=orange]Admittedly, it would be handy plowing at 70mph sometimes, but damn.. [/highlight=orange]

I was going to say, the guy was doing like 85mph down his driveway haha

·
Registered
314 Posts
I heard bout this the other day this has to be the dumbest thing i have ever laid eyes on it is a snowmobile isnt it???

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
You have to wonder..., at what point of R&D did they decide "this is a great idea and... now we must now mass produce it and make a crappy info. video."

It's so obvious to just the few who replied in a short period of time, the many inherent dangers to equipment and body.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
What about your belt and clutches? Heat buildup is no good. Most snowmobiles need a source of cooling as well, so if your plowing it, no good will come of that. To be able to get enough traction to plow a decent amount, you most likely need studs. Well, if your going across nice blacktop, your going to have to put down a new coat of concrete or pavement because it will all be torn to crap.

It said it had sheer away pins so it wouldn't break your a-arms. That means you wont be ripping your a-arms off and sliding to a stop, GREAT! You will be smashing over a metal snow plow causing you to go airborne and having the sled potentially land on you.

I could see where this is going. Major law suit.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts