Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i was wondering if they made snowmobile polish for the hood and where a person could get it i just want to shine up my sled.
Oh ya and have to make sure this polish doesn't wear off the stickers. Just want to make sure if it could happen.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
377 Posts
Use regular car wax or mist and shine.

·
Registered
377 Posts
or if its really bad use buffing compound

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
i use mothers then a coat of wax to keep as clean as poss

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
409/Windex. And glass cleaner with ammonia. I'm a little cheaper than the other guys haha

·
Registered
250 Posts
Lucas Slick Mist is what I use, its a spray polish and wax, spray it on let it set for a min then just wipe it off with a rag.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I like that liquid nu finish in the orange bottle, goes onn/off easy and really brightens it up. Cheap too, like 5 or 6 somalians at walmart

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I use Turtle Wax for the hood. Armor All Multi-Purpose for the plastics (Dash), and Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish to make it look brand new.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dragon700 said:
I use Turtle Wax for the hood. Armor All Multi-Purpose for the plastics (Dash), and Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish to make it look brand new.
So turtle wax would be good for the hood.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I use a polish renew kit. They offered if quite a few years back. Really shines up dated, sun bleached hoods.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
fusionshuk06 said:
I have always used pledge and it seems to work as good as about anything else
xc500 said:
pledge furniture polish works great! leaves the hood like glass
Ya thanks i read that in a article once but i didn't remember the brand of polish it was.
Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Many types of waxes and other stuff you can use like people said.
If you have a polished tunnel, use Mother's Aluminum Polish on it. It makes it look really good especially if your trying to make a old sled look like new.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
another question when i'm polishing my sled do i go around the stickers your can i go over them, cause i don't want my stickers to look like crap.
I think i'm going to use the pledge polish.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I go right over with the Turtle Wax and mine look just fine.

indyrider15 said:
Dragon700 said:
EDIT:

I use Turtle Wax for the hood. Armor All Multi-Purpose for the plastics (Dash), and Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish to make the TUNNEL look brand new.
So turtle wax would be good for the hood.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok thanks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts