Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam currently have starting issues on my 95 polaris indy 600 triple. I checked and I have spark and it seems like Iam getting plenty of gas but still not starting. i replaced the fuel pump, spark plugs, and fuel filter. Iam wondering if my spark is not strong enuff or Iam getting to much fuel and it is flooding it out. The next question I have is when it does run it boggs at first for a while and will kill itself but once i can get past that and open it up it runs like a champ. does anyone have the same problem? or know how to fix this?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Will it start if you pull it into a heated garage and let it warm up? I use to have a 1995 Indy XLT, and that was the only way it would start. It was kind of a pain so I just got rid of it.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Maybe bad floats causing fuel to just dump in your jugs.

·
Registered
85 Posts
luke.davis said:
Iam currently have starting issues on my 95 polaris indy 600 triple. I checked and I have spark and it seems like Iam getting plenty of gas but still not starting. i replaced the fuel pump, spark plugs, and fuel filter. Iam wondering if my spark is not strong enuff or Iam getting to much fuel and it is flooding it out. The next question I have is when it does run it boggs at first for a while and will kill itself but once i can get past that and open it up it runs like a champ. does anyone have the same problem? or know how to fix this?
i have a 97 and if you dont turn fuel off it floods overnight when i dont turn fuel of and go to start it it does same as you describe and real pain to start takes enough pulls to kill a moose got to feather throttle till it warms up good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tryed the fuel shut off and this fixed the starting problem. it runs and drives great. i drove it the other day and it is kind of spitting/boagin still. i could not get it to go over 60 and normaly it can go faster than that. any ideas?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts