Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know any snowmobile salvage websites. I was thinking of getting a wrecked sled and start my first project sled..

thanks in advance, Nick

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
EBAY!!!...its great, just search vintage sleds, theres a bunch!!!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how much money would you guess to restore this sled

http://www.recreationalsalvage.com/cgi-bin/recreation.cgi?category=snowmobiles&item=1164668256

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
a lot. that thing is pretty bent up. aside from the money aspect, it would take a heck of a lot of time.

·
Registered
542 Posts
honestly i think the best place to start would be a wedge chassis. The wedge has been around a long time and there are a lot of parts that are a dime a dozin. If i was to start a project thats where i would start if money was a concern.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
anybody know any salvage yards around new england i can get a wrecked sled

Nick

·
Registered
197 Posts
You could try alssnowmobile.com. They have a lot of stuff parts and whole sleds. I dont know what they do with wrecked stuff, but if you give them a call they will probably be able to help you. I think they are in Vermont.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
You need to watch the crashed stuff. God knows theres money to be made and I have done well several times buying crashed bullit bikes. The rule of thumb is to add 30% to whatever you think it will cost and you should be in the ballpark.

The well known places know how to buy and sell better than you ever will at an amature level. More often than not you are lucky to break even and then you end up with a sled thats been jacked that cost you nearly the same as it would have to just buy it outright.

Watch for the oddball deals that come once every blue moon and dont hesitate. Others say the easy money is to buy crashers and part them out and is conceptually a sound practice that rarely works out for the hobbiest. The hard part is finding one you can make a buck on.

E-bay is a resource but remember theres literally thousands of others doing the same thing. Guys like ACEXLT and myself that watch it constantly all year long.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.