Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I let my brother use my Ski-doo Tundra last year and it seems as if he made a 1 inch "L" shaped cut into the seat. Does anyone know of a permanent seat repair kit that I can buy online? I know the cut will tear more if I just let it sit..and im too picky just to put silcone and gorilla tape on it. I've seen the kits installed on a seat before(Man do they look tuff) but have not had any luck finding something onliine. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
new vinyl?

1,792 Posts
They make vinyl repair kits sold in autoparts stores. The 'after' pictures always look PERFECT - like new. [Disappointed] <-- that's my skepticism. Of course, it's always "YMMV" (Your 'Mileage' May Vary) I know you can also get adhesive for cloth/fabric/vinyl that stays flexible when dry (like rubber cement).

If I were you, I'd probably think about using a piece of clean inner tube or scrap vinyl if you can find it, patch it on the -inside- and glue it with a vinyl/rubber glue like I mentioned.

It will look better than the duct tape method, and be water proof. When done, all you'll see is a rip that doesn't leak. If you see the edge of the tear, you could always put a thin bead of black silicone caulking (again sold in auto parts for reattaching rubber moulding) along the rip if you have a black seat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts