Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi does any one know were i can get a shop dolly lift for cheep its a Snowmobile Sled Big Wheel Shop Dolly dennis kirk wants o most 400 for one any one know were i can get it cheeper this what it looks like 20106818590471_33239.jpg

·
Registered
134 Posts
my neighbor makes them...they rnt that type but they lift the sned and is able to move it...is that what u r looking for

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ethan.justinger said:
my neighbor makes them...they rnt that type but they lift the sned and is able to move it...is that what u r looking for

no im looking for a snowmobile big wheel shop dolly so i can roll the sled in and out of the garage bc my step dad b**ch about the garage floor geting scratched up and the driveway to

·
Registered
250 Posts
I made a dolly system out of 2x4 and swivel dolly wheels... made 2 runners one for each ski and a stand to hold the rear end up. cost was 8 wheels u can get at tractor supply for 35 bucks total and used some scrap 2x4s. some ppl might say im a hillbilly but it works just as good as the dennis kirk deals but 4x as cheap...

^^ rolls just fine in and out of my garage if ur wonderin and theres no stud or scag marks

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I use just 3 dollys, 2 made for the skis and one made for the track. Or i just lift the rear up with a track stand.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
800DOO said:
I made a dolly system out of 2x4 and swivel dolly wheels... made 2 runners one for each ski and a stand to hold the rear end up. cost was 8 wheels u can get at tractor supply for 35 bucks total and used some scrap 2x4s. some ppl might say im a hillbilly but it works just as good as the dennis kirk deals but 4x as cheap...

^^ rolls just fine in and out of my garage if ur wonderin and theres no stud or scag marks

when i get it out to go rideing it hard to push it throw the snow

·
Registered
250 Posts
U can set it down at the edge of the concrete and drag it 2 feet on the snow lol, up to u though its ur money im just tryin to save ya some headache here. i made my dolly sysytem in 30 mins and do exactly that, roll it to the edge of the crete and set my skis in the snow then pull till my track slides off the rear dolly into the snow. no marks on concrete just had to exert some energy in draggin the sled 2 feet. i can send ya pics of mine if ur interested. like i said just tryin to save ya some headache and cash here...

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Someone had them at the M.S.A. show in Hastings, MI. a couple years ago on sale for 149.00
Could kick my self in the butt for not getting one, so I'm in the same boat as you. I would still like one, so I will keep my eyes open and report if I find something.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TRICKPaint said:
Someone had them at the M.S.A. show in Hastings, MI. a couple years ago on sale for 149.00
Could kick my self in the butt for not getting one, so I'm in the same boat as you. I would still like one, so I will keep my eyes open and report if I find something.
Thank you they are easy to move you like in and out

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
My friend also had a brand new garage built and his dad didnt want the floor scratched, and they have four sleds. They have 2 of them big roller dollies like you want, but with smaller wheels, and they work great! They go through the snow just fine, but it is still easier with two people. We bought one for 50 bucks, but it must have been a year or two older because it didnt work right. It lifted up the front end versus the rear end, o well, sold it for more than we got it for. Put an ad on craigslist, someone might have on they would sell. I agree though, the big ones that lift the whole sled work the best!

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Here ya' go...I'm going to order mine next week while the sale is on!
http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/Heavy-Duty-Snowmobile-Shop-Dolly/2885137/product.html

·
Registered
432 Posts
I had the opportunity to use one of those one time, and I was AMAZED at how easy it was to move around. I expected it to be much more work that it ended up being.

At home I just use the 3-piece small dolly set, but will admit that they are a pain when you have uneven surface that you need to cross.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
PolarisIndySKS said:
Read the reviews on that dolly before you buy it!! They arnt so good!!
OOOOOoooo....Thanks for pointiong that out! I'll pass on it. Guess I'll wait and get something I can check out in person at the snow shows this Fall.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
TRICKPaint said:
http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/Heavy-Duty-Snowmobile-Shop-Dolly/2885137/product.html

Thank you for the try tho thos ones are junk i see

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
skidoo800modd said:
TRICKPaint said:

Thank you for the try tho thos ones are junk i see
I'm glad he told me to check the reviews! I would be using it on my MXZ-583 and My '05 Gade', so it sounds like it would not even accomodate the136" track Gade'?! And when they were talking about it bending... I have never seen one do that, so it must be a real turd.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm glad he told me to check the reviews! I would be using it on my MXZ-583 and My '05 Gade', so it sounds like it would not even accomodate the136" track Gade'?! And when they were talking about it bending... I have never seen one do that, so it must be a real turd.
[/quote]

ya it must be Thank god i did not buy one bc i have a 03 ski doo rev mxz 800 sport ya i need a deeper paddle track for my rev but i dont this it will fit or what size to paddle track to put in it

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have only had experience with one that had some really big wheels, much larger than the cheap-o link had. No idea where it came from though, unfortunately. I know I've seen them in the various sled catalogs, Dennis Kirk, Shade Tree, etc.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts