Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced an old belt on my snowmobile that badly needed to be replaced. I made sure that it was the correct belt, but now that I put it on, the snowmobile takes off by itself. I tried adjusting the driven clutch spring pressure, but with limited success. How do I take care of this problem?

1992 Arctic Cat EXT

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
You will need to change the belt deflection on the clutch. Your manual should tell you how to do so.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
did u make sure that the belt is all the way at the top of the seconday clutch sheves?

·
Registered
463 Posts
all of the above and plus make sure there is some clearence .010-.020" between the belt and one of the primary clutch sheaves!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
flatlander_summit said:
You will need to change the belt deflection on the clutch. Your manual should tell you how to do so.
I bought my snowmobile used and it didn't come with a manual.[V]

·
Registered
203 Posts
maybe its the wrong belt and is simply to short!

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Idle rpm is?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Go to www.midwestmanuals.com and you can down load a manual in 5 minutes and its only $7.50. Also don't forget to check lube clutch rollers/weights. I've found this to be major problem area for older sleds.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sledhead64 said:
Go to www.midwestmanuals.com and you can down load a manual in 5 minutes and its only $7.50. Also don't forget to check lube clutch rollers/weights. I've found this to be major problem area for older sleds.
Thanks. I downloaded the manual yesterday and it does show me how to adjust the belt deflection. Happy snowmobiling! [8D]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts