Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, since new yorks winter sucks 100% i am thinking about picking up a trailer. I would need at least a two place for my ZRT and my fathers ZL. What would you guys recommend.

Does anyone have a cheap trailer for sale that could get me threw the rest of this boring winter?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I personally love floe's but hate the price so I would buy a triton if I was in the market.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Honestly i dont know where im going to trailer to, my friends have a cabin in Canada, and one in Maine... Thinking about maybe making a couple trips in serach of snow...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Triton trailers... but if you are looking for something a little more budget r&r makes nice trailers for the money.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I have an older Triton (1996) which has traveled back and forth from CT to VT and ME before I bought it. I take it from CT to NH and MA and have had no problems with it what-so-ever. I would say Triton would be a good choice.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Tritons, Bear Track and Sled Beds are My favorite

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Originally posted by Hermie
[br]Tritons, Bear Track and Sled Beds are My favorite
I agree. Some trailer brands are somewhat regional, though. I am not sure if you have Sled Beds or Bear Track trailers out there in NY. I think Triton and Floe are nationwide, but I am sure there are other good brands in your area, too.

Whatever you get, make sure it is at least 100 inches wide. Resale on the older 8 foot wide trailers is in the tank. I have an '89 Triton. I like it. The only reason I may end up getting a different one is that it is only 8 feet wide and doesn't fit two newer sleds very well.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a Sno Pro Xtreme......11 ft...always works great for me...flat plate hold trailer down so no pin to lose and hydrolic shock holds trailer up for easy loading

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
the floe is amazing with the versa track tiedown system. we have taken our floe 10' tilt it up north 4 or 5 times and it pulls awesome and one time we even had 3 sleds on it with no problems.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have a 1998 tilting Triton with a clamshell cover-all. It has been a great trailer. The wishbone construction up front makes for a more sturdy tilting mechanism over the striaght tongue designs.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
2003 Triton XT is what we have. Its a 2-place 12 ft. V-front with splash guards/ drive off ramps. Also has tilt which is great for the fourwheeler. I think brand new in 2003 it was just a bit over $1500 and so far its been worth the price. We have not had a single problem with it so far and we have had it far past overloaded. Its rating is 1500 lbs. because its only a single axle. I would recommend Triton to anybody.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have the V-nose Drive-on/Drive-off Triton and love it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts