Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.wday.com/event/article/id/30090/
What is the deal? Why would anyone do this. I hope someone on here can help find them.

· Registered
242 Posts
I guess some people are just heartless. A couple years ago when I went up north my buddy ran a dog over by accident. The dog ran out from a driveway and he couldnt avoid hitting it. It went under the track and he has picks, luckily the dog didnt have any injuries and not one puncture wound. We told the owners because its just the right thing to do. Eventhough the dog didnt get hurt I still feel horrible about it.
jhsledhed said:
What is the deal? Why would anyone do this. I hope someone on here can help find them.

· Registered
455 Posts
I read the article twice, I'm still comfused as to what happened. So, 2 snowmobiles missed the dog, and a third one hit it and took off? Or did the one hit it then the other two saw it and no one said anything. But then another question i have is were the two on the lake with the dog nearby or did the dog walk away from them while they were on the lake and they saw it. There aren't enough details to tell what happened but that is an a**hole thing to do, and I wish those snowmobilers the worst of luck.

· Registered
92 Posts
I think all the sledders involved should have done something different. If the 2 that did not hit it saw the third hit the dog they should have done the mature thing and said something to the owner. If the dog owner can describe the sled that hit the dog to the local clubs he may be able to get some information. I know the club I belong to takes pictures of the rider and their sled in case something does happen. Then the next question I have is Were the sledders on the trail or his private property????

· Registered
9,987 Posts
It ain't just here..

Here's one that sledders chased down a fox. http://www.cbc.ca/canada/prince-edward-island/story/2010/02/07/pei-fox-killed-snowmobilers-584.html

· Registered
1,878 Posts
It's one thing if it's unavoidable and you stop to apologize to the owners, but to just keep going, that's just gutless. Maybe the third didn't see what he hit because of the dust cloud? Wouldn't a person stop and check things out if they hit something of that size? This just sickens me. I once hit a dog by accident on the road with my car. Roads were very icy. Seen the dog on the shoulder and slowed way up. Dog ran across and the car just slid when I hit the brakes. The dog stumbled into a yard. I went to that yard thinking that's where the owners lived, but it wasn't. I had to go door to door to find the owners. Felt really bad about it, but I just couldn't stop. At least I had the balls to stop and track down the owners!!

The fox is just another example of how cruel and gutless people can be. Freakin' idiots!!! What do they think doing things like that makes them a real man? Makes them a loser in my book.

· Super Moderator
11,873 Posts
Some people are completely heartless. I'm not one to get 'touchy feely' about things, but I do understand the bond between a man and his dog. I can't imagine how enraged I'd be had I been in that situation. Like everyone mentioned, if something like that happens by accident, it is only right to find the owner and explain what happened. Animal cruelty like that is no joking matter.

About 4 years ago now, my girlfriends dog was killed. They live out in the country right along a gravel road (about a mile from a main highway). The dog was in the ditch, not harming the passing vehicles by any means...it knew not to get in the way. Some guy pulled up in a pickup, rolled down his window, and shot the dog point blank with a shotgun. The guy ran his mouth a little, so the word escaped about who did it, but nothing was ever done about it. The guy that did it wasn't much older than me...

· Registered
2,017 Posts
Quinlan said:
Some people are completely heartless. I'm not one to get 'touchy feely' about things, but I do understand the bond between a man and his dog. I can't imagine how enraged I'd be had I been in that situation. Like everyone mentioned, if something like that happens by accident, it is only right to find the owner and explain what happened. Animal cruelty like that is no joking matter.

About 4 years ago now, my girlfriends dog was killed. They live out in the country right along a gravel road (about a mile from a main highway). The dog was in the ditch, not harming the passing vehicles by any means...it knew not to get in the way. Some guy pulled up in a pickup, rolled down his window, and shot the dog point blank with a shotgun. The guy ran his mouth a little, so the word escaped about who did it, but nothing was ever done about it. The guy that did it wasn't much older than me...

I must admit this thread made me pretty angry. It's pretty sick that people would do something like that and not stop.

Quinlan, your story pissed me off pretty good haha. I would have done something about it on my own terms. That kid needs a psychologist and someone to give him a hug. He would have knee problems the rest of his life after I got done with him.

· Registered
844 Posts
That is quite sad, such a young dog, and look at the picture of it, was a beautiful pup.
No doubt this guy will be found.

"Still in shock, Larson says he just wants people to be aware there's a time and place to ride fast."

The above quote, they were doing it in the right spot, but I wonder how the guy didn't see the dog and his two buddies stopped, coming around a point maybe?

· Registered
155 Posts
Some people are just ignorant. Im 15 and Ill admit that I go around town raising hell from time to time but Id never kill someones dog, Cause Ik that if someone killed my dog Id be out for blood.

· Registered
89 Posts
this is is plain rediclious you hit somebodys dog and flee the scece no wonder snowmobiles are getting a bad name its s*it like this. also is the 2 sleds infront just miised it how would the 3rd not have seen the dog there i just dont understend hopeful they find the guy

· Super Moderator
11,873 Posts
88400 said:
Quinlan, your story pissed me off pretty good haha. I would have done something about it on my own terms. That kid needs a psychologist and someone to give him a hug. He would have knee problems the rest of his life after I got done with him.
My girlfriends dad tore out of the drive with his pickup, and chased after the guy across the backroads and even cross country. There's no doubt in my mind he was out for vengeance...and that is by no means in his normal nature. He ended up losing the guy out in the middle of nowhere. It wasn't until quite awhile later that the word circulated as to who it was that shot the dog.

· Registered
577 Posts
wow...... that makes me deeply pi$$ed off. if i found the guy i would literaly hang him from a bridge by his balls!!!

1,810 Posts
jhsledhed said:
It sounded to me as if the 3 were riding togther and they had a plan worked out ahead of time of what they would do if they encountered an animal while riding -that if they would ride on either side of it to get the dog scared to move and the other would run over her. Times like these you wish the family had a snowmobile and could go after them. It didn't sound as if it was accidental.

I despise PETA, but would love it PETA knew who these kids were.

· Registered
169 Posts
That is ignorant. People like that have obviously never had a close bond with a pet...And you are right it gives everyone a bad name.

· Registered
3,504 Posts
S**t like that ruins it for the rest of us. He said theres a time and a place to go fast...they were on a lake,but im not condoning their stupid actions.

· Registered
1,220 Posts
That is freaken ridiculous. Animal cruelty pisses the hell out of me. Shit happens, but stupid stuff like that really makes me upset. Even wild animals such as that fox. What do you think was going through its head when it was being chased down by a couple of idiots on sleds? A long time ago when my dad was in colledge he was driving his VW Bug down a side road somewhere. To make a long story short this old dog was just wandering along down the far side of the shoulder. These too idiots in a pick-up come up and purposely swerve onto the shoulder and hit the dog. My dad could see them laughing in the truck. Now that story really pissed me off. Accidents do happen where animals do get hit, but the same things happen with humans. Purposely killing and animal or human is a whole different story though. Its insane, pathetic, and simply disgusting. Sorry for going on, but this stuff really gets to me.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.