Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's some good facts on just who the average snowmobiler is.
Go Here:
http://www.snowmobile.org/pr_snowfacts.asp

It's obvious why I look at these things,
and I'm thinking that Erick and several others who frequent this site would find this as useful info.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Show that to those damn tree huggers trying to take our trails. 21 billion in anual sales, thats a lotta money.

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They do not care.
That's the whole irony of the tree hugger agenda.
They do not have to be right and they are notorious for doing more damage to the enviroment than they ever fix.
They do not care how much money they cost the government, the people, or even about entire industries that can be put under.
Tree Huggers Suck

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50546&SearchTerms=statistics has been posted already....

·
Registered
161 Posts
Wait im a tree hugger...

But really, if we have to e test are sleds because of these flower power fairys everyones gunna quit sledding or get a 4 stroke. In Ontario they said we are gunna have to get are sleds to pass emissions in the next few years, or no sticker.

Thanks for the info, I know alot of people travel up to this area to sled for up to weeks at a time.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Before going after the snowmobile industry, they should go after the Erupting Volcano industry. Did you ever see the numbers for polluting gasses and ash one of those things spew out? Its a LOT MORE than all of our sleds combined, over the lifetime of all those sleds.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
This is why everyone needs to join a club. Numbers do make a difference, even if it doesn't seem like it. Every year the president of the USA (Utah Snowmobile Association) goes to Washington to take to the politicians. I think it is a national thing so all states with a snowmobile association send someone to represent. There are around 40,000 registered sleds in Utah and only a few thousand members of a club. The more numbers and support you give, the better off we are. My club goes up pretty much every weekend in the summer and volunteers for the forest service. We put in more volunteer hours than almost all of the other groups that volunteered combined. If you want to use the land, you have to put something into it. The Kamas Ranger District of the Uinta National Forest loves our group. We help planning and routing of trails along with trying to get new trails open. We put fourth a lot of effort for them in the summer so they leave us alone and help us out in the winter. We are also good will riders in the winter so stop and pick up trash and will go help find people that have gotten lost.

Bottom line is is you can't just sit back and watch, have to be involved, even if it just a number.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts