Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok has any one ever heard some one say a snowmobile is like riding a jet ski people compare them for some reason when i talk to people around here thats how they compare them. i hate that expresion there not any way the same to ride in my apinion . so what im asking is does any one else get all bent out of shape when they hear people say this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,130 Posts
Ummm I've heard to same thing about bikes. IMO they will always be different.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was talkin to a guy about it today and turned into a argument . so thought i would see how you guys felt on the subject . i havent heard the bike one thoe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,922 Posts
Coming from someone who used to ride 4-wheelers, and rode jet-skis all summer long, they ARE NOT the same. Jet-Skis are contained to one body of water at a time ( unless you have a connecting river ). You can't go off water.

Snowmobiles are the real ATV. Snowmobiles go across snow, dirt, water, ice, trees, whatever. You can't boondock with any other machine the way you can with a snowmobile. You can't fly to the top of a mountain on a dirtbike for miles.

There is no comparison to snowmobiles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
very well put . has any one heard any othere sayings like this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,056 Posts
I have heard the saying mean more towards how you lean and carve your machine in powder. In that case then yes i agree with the statement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
srx_600 said:
I have heard the saying mean more towards how you lean and carve your machine in powder. In that case then yes i agree with the statement.
thats true to a point but still really hard to compare
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
320 Posts
srx_600 said:
I have heard the saying mean more towards how you lean and carve your machine in powder. In that case then yes i agree with the statement.
Agreed! When comparing powder riding and jet skiing I can see this totally.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,382 Posts
try riding a jetski when it's -20F then try and say if they are the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lets see you fall off a jet ski and do snow angels lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,982 Posts
Has anyone actually tried to carve on a jet ski the way you do on a sled? Impossible. If you turn the oppisite way you fall off if you turn the same way it flips (happened to me twice this year when I tryed it).

Their way different from the handling standpoint in that jet skis steer from the impeller in the rear, which automatically kicks the back end out. snowmobiles, well, you know.

Sledding will always be better, snow's always different, you carve your own path and sometimes you go to places you may feel like no ones ever been before. I know I've never felt the way I do on a seadoo then a snowmobile.

Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Lets see someone do a double back-flip on a jet-ski..
It's possible. It's actually kind of crazy the stuff they can do on them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well said
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,987 Posts
wakeboarderboy said:
Has anyone actually tried to carve on a jet ski the way you do on a sled? Impossible. If you turn the oppisite way you fall off if you turn the same way it flips (happened to me twice this year when I tryed it).

Their way different from the handling standpoint in that jet skis steer from the impeller in the rear, which automatically kicks the back end out. snowmobiles, well, you know.

Sledding will always be better, snow's always different, you carve your own path and sometimes you go to places you may feel like no ones ever been before. I know I've never felt the way I do on a seadoo then a snowmobile.

Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Lets see someone do a double back-flip on a jet-ski..
It's possible. It's actually kind of crazy the stuff they can do on them.
I'd love to see that!!! Is there video of it anywhere?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
558 Posts
They are deffinatly not the same! The only thing that came close to my snowmobile being like a jet-ski is when I skip water and thats not even relitivly close.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,982 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
wakeboarderboy said:
Has anyone actually tried to carve on a jet ski the way you do on a sled? Impossible. If you turn the oppisite way you fall off if you turn the same way it flips (happened to me twice this year when I tryed it).

Their way different from the handling standpoint in that jet skis steer from the impeller in the rear, which automatically kicks the back end out. snowmobiles, well, you know.

Sledding will always be better, snow's always different, you carve your own path and sometimes you go to places you may feel like no ones ever been before. I know I've never felt the way I do on a seadoo then a snowmobile.

Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Lets see someone do a double back-flip on a jet-ski..
It's possible. It's actually kind of crazy the stuff they can do on them.
I'd love to see that!!! Is there video of it anywhere?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XgHk7XX43U
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,842 Posts
bringurthunder said:
i was talkin to a guy about it today and turned into a argument . so thought i would see how you guys felt on the subject . i havent heard the bike one thoe
never gotten bent out of shape over it. just tell them they have no clue and move on.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top