Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys , i dont knwo how well this thread will go off. I wanted a thread where guys could just talk about sledding memories. Jumps they made that they never did before, speeds never reached before, the first time you ever opened up the throttle on a sled. Stuff like that. I would prefer if we dont get into bashing other sleds and stuff , im sick of that [xx(] i just want to chat with fellow snowmobilers who do it for the snow!

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
i remember this one time, i fell off my sled.. well wait that memorie happens to me all the time, so let me do another one.. oo last year when we were in michigan we stayed at this A frame house thingy at a ski resort, it was sooo awesome one of the best trips ive ever been on except the day my uncle was sick, i mean sick he was literally green, so i stayed back one day to hang out with him, we watched gettsyburg on TNT, when our party we were with left in the morning it started and when they got back 5 hrs later the movie was still going..... anyway that was a blast snow so deep.. virgin fire roads, the works it was awesome.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[:D][:D][:D][:D] Thanks alot man, this is what im looking for! I hjave many memories...When i was like 7 we started getting into snowmobiles. Guess what started it all? An old 'boaski' [i think thats how you say it]. Yeah that old thing was what got us into sledding...bless its little rusted heart. lol [:D] We knew nothing about snowmobiles then. It was funny what we went through. We got ripped off and didnt know it. Now though you couldnt pull a trick on me lol i do my homework when there is time to do so. [:)] Well hopefully more people will reply to this , that would be awsome. Im going to save them memories for later [8D]

·
Administrator
13,097 Posts
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/images/polarisman/dmtripmar03/page1.htm

Need I say more?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im so stoked i didnt think i would get responce this quick. This is exactly what im looking for!!Thanks so much guys this is awsome. Polaris man! thos are awsome sleds, i really like polaris some say the design is old school, i totally dont think so they look deadly. Thos eshots are awsome, and you dont need to say anything lol , i need to scan some pics . Last season we found this lake [ i had to put a few nicks in my baby on the way [:(]] but it was worth it i guess[it was brand new [:(]] lol anyways, this lake was completley untouched! We were tearing it up faster than ou sleds could take us there. That day was one of the greatest of that trip!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did i mention that i really appreciate this! Finally some guys on this thing that just want to talk about snowmobiling [:D]

thanks again

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Most of these are memories of when I was younger.

I remember the time that I did not stop, I think there was ice, and I ran right into the milkhouse. I was really young and I remember crying and my dad came to see what was wrong. I was mad because I wrecked the milkhouse wall and bent up the sled pretty bad. I was telling dad I would give him all the money I had to try pay for it, all I had was like $4. I didn't feel too good about wrecking things but he said it would be alright and there is nothing to be upset about.

I also remember riding with my dad on his Indy 650 and the first time we went over 100 MPH, according to the speedo. It was great, I was telling all my friends at school and they were amazed.

I also remember the time that I was riding in a field with a group and my brother slammed into the back of me since there was a lot of snowdust. I fell off and slid, was going like 40-50 MPH and he was booking across the field to try catch everyone.

Also the time I ever rode a new Polaris. It was when a buddy of mine got a new 1999 XC 600 SP. It was pretty strange...I didn't know a lot about the new models then.

And of course, I always remember helping dad while he would put together snowmobile in the garage, and then mom would yell at me to get in the house because it was time for bed and I had to go to school in the morning. It was fun being out there putting together snowmobiles.

This is all I really have in my mind now...as I think of more I will post them.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man that is alot of snow! In canada we get alot and its coldin the winter...my kind of weather lol. I love falling off with that much powder thats a blast. I did it with a 600 touring, it was hard to get unstuck.....since i was stuck under it. How it turned out that way im not sure lol. I was turning it on its side , touring sleds arnt built for that i guess lol, but i got it completley on itys side and did a 180 and went the other way. i was sweating so nbad after that one, that thing is heavy!!! I dont have it anymoree but that was an excellant machine [polaris] . Polaris and skidoo are my preferance. l8ers

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[:D]Thanks you guys this is great!! I love working on sleds to man. I also remeber the first tike i went over 100 mph, i was like holy crap, i just did that, i was shaking like a leaf!![ i was like 11-12]. I go out to my sleds and just clean them and look at them, all the girls at school think im nuts lol. I go out sledding when i really sick and stuff, i shouldnt but everyone else goes and i dont want to stay back that sucks. They think im stupid for doing stuff like that lol. They still hang with me though lol.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Last year I had a zr900 with 144 trail pics, early in the season me and my buddy were on a lake with very little snow racing back and forth. We decided to swap sled for a little while, little did I know that he had a speed track with 192 ice picks on his mod Mach Z.
The first time I went to take off I hid the throttle, at the same time I jumped down on the back end, perfect timing. The sled took off and left me there in mid air arms and legs straight out.I landed on my butt, skidded a little and prayed that the sled didn't crash.
I thought my 900 pulled good, not even close!
The only thing that damaged was my ego, more so when I stood up and was ok all the people in their cars watching start honking their horns.
Memories of White Water Lake, what a laugh.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Some of my fondest memories are from when I was a kid (early 80's). At that time we were riding AMF's (bro and mines), scorpians, ski-doo bubble noses, cheetahs, etc...

Every Saturday, all the sleds that were currently running would meet at our house and we'd go riding for the day on some local powerlines. It would take us all day to go about 5 miles. No matter what happened, we would always have so much fun. One time my buds belt broke (we had to tow him home of course), anyway, he had black powder all over his face. With his cap off, he looked like ala falfa from the little rasacals. I still get a good laugh when I think of that.

Those power lines are now part of the cities groomed trail system. Now it takes me about 5 minutes to go the same distance.

·
Administrator
13,097 Posts
This is also a really fun part of snowmobiling. After a long day on the trails, sitting back in the cabin BS-ing.

/polarisman/../images/users/Polaris-Man/dmtrip2party24.jpg

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
One of my favorite stories from last year happened while riding in the UP.

My buddy on his MXZX440 was doing some jumping while we were taking a little break on the side of the trail... Well he landed sideways and broke the throttle lever... we were lookin around wondering what we were going to do... Well we found some twigs and a little bit of electrical tape and made him a throttle. We then proceeded to ride for 2.5 hours looking for a SkiDoo dealer. Finally found one. We then went through all of their throttle levers tryin to find one that would fit. The only one he had was on a sled sitting out front for sale. The guy let us dismantle the sleds throttle and put it on our sled, he still has that throttle

·
Registered
124 Posts
Last year one afternoon my brother and I went out to dink around on the field next to our mom's house. We found a pretty cool drift on the peak of a little hill that we could get some pretty good air off. Each one would take turns jumping and watching to see how far we could fly. After awhile that got kinda old so a motioned to my brother "superman". He's shakin his head like go for it. So I get a good run at it, stretch out into a picture perfect superman and land in that same postion, My body flat accross the seat. I then proceeded to fall off the side and skid across the field for 30 feet or so. I get up with my pants full of snow and dirt, cause we just went out with our jeans and a jacket, and see my brother rolling around the ground by his sled laughing his ass off. AAHHH....GOOD TIMES!!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[:D][:D][:D][:D] This is awsome. Superman? thats funny landing like that [:)]. When i first ever started snowmobiling i had a 1988 yamaha 340 enticer [^]. That was a good little sled for that time. Anyways, we were on a snowmobile trip not long after we had gotten the thing. We went out the second day i think it was and went ont these horribl trails[i dont know what possesed us to take those] [we were neive snowmobilers *'shakes head*] , these trails had studder bumps the whole way literally! Your thinking thats no big deal right? this guys a woos right? Well on that thing it hurt lol. The suspension was pretty bad [xx(]. After the whole day of riding my back was so stinking sore! Man that sled was a blast though. I was like 8 when i had that so thats like an 800 to me then[:)]. Now i couldnt even dream of going back to somthing that small or with that lack of suspension. Im not sure how i hads put up with that sled. I guess i did it for the snow! [:D]

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bs'ing after a great day of riding is awsome. Its actually one of my favorite parts of the trips [after the actual snowmobiling ofcourse]. I like when we get cabins with a hottub, thats nice [:D]. These dasy my back doesnt get sore with the sled that i ride now, that seat is so soft lol. You guys mind letting me try one of your pro x's ? Those look like some wicked racing sleds. There really sharp too.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I think back and to me the fondest memory I have is when I would have been 10-12 and My mom had just bought a new 300 enticer (circa 84). My Dad would work afternoons on christmas and mid term break. I can remember me waiting impatiently for him to get home around midnight so we could go riding. Him on his '77stx and me on mom's enticer. We would go with about 4 guys he worked with....... Funny all the rides seem to blend together in the memory.
Also, we would go out to the head of the rain deer river about once a month and ice fish. everyone from town would be there. I would ride our sleds up and down the river all day..........

Wow great thread. This brings back so many memories over the years, I could go on for days.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
this thread is really getting me in the mood to go now!
last year we were out on the last run of the season. it was juat a little one i think it was 120 miles or so. we were playing around on a lake doing donuts, hitting snow drifts, and some drag racing and getting tons of air off this dike. it was awesome.

·
Super Moderator
11,281 Posts
I have so many I dont know were to start, ill give a few short ones:

My first sled was a early 70's skidoo nordik 400, I was like 10, it didnt steer worth crap and had no brakes, one day i though i would do a speed run through the yard and went to turn and it wouldnt turn, so I bailed off and the sled slammed into a trailer and the hood broke into 100 pieces..I remember it like yesterday

Another is when I got my RMK I went out to our shop like every 10 minutes looking at it, I was the happiest kid on earth when I bought that with my own money..

then all our big jumps and wrecks we have had..Sooo much fun..

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
ahhh....the stories....where to begin....

might as well start what got me into sledding: my dad used to ride al the time but got out of it before i was born but he kept the last sled he owned which was a 74 panther 340. so when me and my borhter were young he would pull us around on the sled on occasion. as we got alil older he would get it out and we could go for a ride with him and maybe steer. so then it got to the point that i could steer and control it by myself and i thought it was the coolest thing ever, only problem was was that i couldnt pull that darn rope. dad never seemed to want to pull it for me either, but eventually i got it so i could pull it myself and learned the trick to starting it. rode that just aboug every day in the winter, that said thing was is taht we had more snow all the years i rode that than i have had with any other sled

second story would have to be when my uncle came up with his early 90s Indys (a trail and sport i believe). now these sleds were the COOLEST THINGS EVER, i mean compared tot he 74 panther these things were magical. i remember knowing they were coming and bringing their sleds and i sat and looked out the window for at least 2 hours waiting for them. rode for 2 straight days, this was the first actualy ditch banging etc... that i did. again, i thought this was the coolest thing ever. this is what really got me going into telling dad i need a new sled.

now the most memorable moment of sledding i have ever had would have to be last year when me and dad went to Yellowstone. It was his frist time riding for any amoujnt of time in about 20 years he said. so he rented a 03 Edge X 500 i believe. we rode through yellowstone and stopped at Old Faithful and ate breakfast etc...i dont get to ride trails like that much around here, mainly just messing around in the drifts. anyway, the next day was the better trails outa the park that were the most fun. we leave the motel at about 830 AM and ride for an hour or so to the next town and try find a place for breakfast, decide we not gonna eat tehre and ride some more, got so caught up in riding about 2 PM we realize we should prolly eat.

these are just some of the stories that i have sledding... [:D]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts