Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather here has taken a turn for the worse, it got up to 40 degrees today and all the snow melted. When are we ever going to get some snow and enough cold weather so it stays around for long enough to ride. I can't believe its already the first weekend of Dec. and I still haven't ridden my sled, I might just have to start it tonight to hear it run.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
well its been cold and all here in wisconsin but we havent had any snow at all to even melt. i hear ya on starting the sled thing ive started mine twice now to hear it run and smell the 2 stroke. its sad when you are still on the same full tank as a year ago. thats where i am at right full tank of gas that i put in it a year ago after i rebuilt the motor

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
It warmed up here in MN, got to 32! I washed my car, hopefully it won't be an icicle in the morning...

-Dean

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
We have some nice brown grass.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
We have a dusting and thats about it...we have cold enought temps but now we just need some moisture..

·
Registered
892 Posts
I like the way this year is starting, we are getting good ice on the lakes around here. Makes it safer. I think we are around 8 inches, one more week and bring on the snow.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
i hear ya, here in iowa its much the same....still greenish brown. i really hate the color green in the winter, supposed to be white. ive got a terrible rash on my throttle hand, and the doctors have now called it the forst case of throttle-itis, they say it wont go away until i get some riding in...damn weather

·
Registered
69 Posts
Here in northern Illinois we got 3-5 inches of ice on most of the lakes and we had about 5 inches of snow earlier this week. Now they are saying the temps in the next couple of days are gonna be close to 40. I wish once the snow got here it would stay and not tease us. It comes it stays for 3 days and then melts.[:(]

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Originally posted by Baero
[br]I like the way this year is starting, we are getting good ice on the lakes around here. Makes it safer. I think we are around 8 inches, one more week and bring on the snow.
I agree, I just checked the lake yesterday and there was a good 5 in on it. Got down to 0 deg F last night. If it stays cold all week, we should have a good 8 in of ice. Then bring on the snow!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
More bad news, the forcast for the next couple days in NW Iowa is upper 40's and upper 30's for the rest of the week. At this rate I'll be lucky if I get my sled out by January. The only good thing that comes from this is that my car stays clean.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The weather around here is going back to the normal temps,around forty or so.It is supposed to be like this to around the 20th and then turn cold again.Check out www.johndee.com , or accuweather.com ,both are saying the same.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts