Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since winter is about over for most people I was just curious how many miles you guys got on and how your winter was..I got 700 miles on and we had a really sucky winter here in ND..Otherwise it was ok i guess..

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
we had a great winter here i got about 1200 miels on my bro went every night n weekend and got i THINK a lil over 2000

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I ended the season with 750 miles. Not too bad considering we didn't have any snow. If it wasn't for the one trip to the UP I would have ended up with 123 miles for the year. I did also run 9 gallons of race gas through my Improved stocker. My guess is that would add up to around 20 miles. Riley

·
Registered
59 Posts
Trails were never opened in Sheboygan County WI where I live. Rode on local marsh, put 160 miles on near Shawano WI, and trailered 5 hours north to UP of Michigan 3 times for remainder of miles. Put on a total of 1300 miles on ZR500 and a couple hundred on JD Sportfire.

It would have been much nicer to look out of window during the winter and see something other than brown grass! However snowmobiling in Michigan was great and I am thankful that I got on as many miles as I did.

If my snowmobiling partner were available this weekend I would be considering going back up to Michigan since Baraga county now has over a foot of fresh snow with more coming down tonight. Isn't that just the way it is? Sucky season and with 3 days left they get over a foot of wet packy snow.

Damn!!! Next year has got to be better!!! Bring on the [red]70 degree [/red]weather so that I can move on!!

Mark[:(!]

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
300 miles 100 with a spun crank. Only got up to my cabin once with the guys cuz the kids had sports every weekend. Oh well I have all summer to make sure that everything on my sled is perfect. Maybe no breakdowns next year.

·
Registered
366 Posts
i put on 1700 miles. there were guys riding on the lake yesterday. My sleds are put away.

Richie Rich

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
My winter sucked the big one!I only got 50 miles on and most of them where in my yard! Worst winter i have ever had.And on top of that i cant get my sled started now!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I must say that this has been my best winter yet. 3256 miles on the F7 with no lost trail time due to mechanical issues. Got 15 mi/gal and alot better then the backup sled (ZR500) which is 10 Mi/gal. The oil pump will have to be changed as I have only used less then 3 gal's in 3256 miles. Last trip ( 500 miles in 48hrs) we did I cheched the oil consumption and found that I was 88.8:1 ratio after the service update on the oil pump linkage. I will have to travel north 3hrs to get back into good trail riding at present. Maybe 2 weeks left. I live for winter !!!!!!!!!!!!!![:)]

·
Registered
586 Posts
wow, I feel bad for you guys that had no snow.Last year that happened to me while you all had tons.This year was my turn for good snow.I got 1400 miles on my new Pro X 600, and 700 some miles on my Pro X fan.They were all local miles, we had such a great season I never had to go up north to ride.I hope we get another winter like this next year here in NY!

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Originally posted by bigwilly
[br]10.8 miles, in one day... Maybe next year...
I finally found somebody whose milage I can beat with my 92 total miles for the year.

Of course mine was due to the lack of snow and yours I believe was due to physical reasons.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Only 170, but this is my first year riding and I bought my sled late. Besides I only get one day a week off from work and that is on a Wednesday when all my friends are at work. Next year will be better :)

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
1368 miles I do believe is what my odometer reads.

If it weren't for trips to the duck mountains and gimli/hecla I'd have like 500 local miles. Bulk of my miles were put on on a trip away from home.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
I think I got like 800 or so on this year. It was limited as I am 210 miles away from my sled going to school. [:(]

·
Registered
864 Posts
Actually was also a great year. With one trip starting in Cochrane I had 800 on before new years. When my season was done had about 2400 miles in.
Got lots of great pics, butmissed riding with my Northern friends this years in Sudbury. One friend was out west on contract ,the other blew up his legend with 600 miles on it.
Season was done for me about 3 weeks early.Loaned my lil indy out, and got hit with it. Broke my leg, cast comes off on Tuesday.
Then the fun for hunting for sled parts starts. Anyone with a couple 121 " tunnels?
Time for store the sleds, pull out the boat and get the truck ready for the track...
All have a good summer now.

·
Registered
749 Posts
i had a great season till the end. i put 1800 miles on the indy 500 and 300 on the zl 500. Ahhhh.... so let me think 1800+300=2100. I hit a tree at the end of the year which really hurt my sled. i quit about a month early.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts