Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i bought my 95 zr 580 the guy gave me this reverse chaincase that could potentially give me reverse on the sled.Looks like everything is there i just dont know how to install it or what to do with it.Anyone know anything about it/?

·
Registered
288 Posts
well. your going to have to remove your old chaincase. put that new one on with all the right gears and chain. have to be exactly the right # of teeth and the right size chain. make sure of that first. then once you have the chain case on. there should be a slot where a reverse chord should go. so if you have one of those hook it up to the chaincase. then run the chord to a spot by ur handle bars and put a handle there or something that you can pull to put the chaincase in reverse

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh alright. there is one gear that is missing 2 teeth so i need a new one of them. Do you know where i can get a diagram of it or directions or something?

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
NY98xltsp said:
Oh alright. there is one gear that is missing 2 teeth so i need a new one of them. Do you know where i can get a diagram of it or directions or something?
in >this thread< I posted a bunch of snowmobile manuals. Grab the service manual for your sled, it should give you a fair amount of info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts