Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have owned a 71 tnt 440, a 80 panther 440, a 72 panther 440, and currently own a 94 indy trail 488 fan, a 90 indy 400 l/c, and a 86 skidoo citation 258. Theyre all good, except the 400 locked up, at an idle- I think it quit oiling. So im gonna get a newer one this year (already got the green light from my wife!) What is the best out of this lineup-rev 7 or 800, rmk 7 or 800, f7 or 8? Thanks fellers

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
You have quite the lineup there for possible sleds and the range in years needs to be considered. For example, the 03 F7 is supposedly the fastest but some had engine trouble with them. In the last couple of hears, Cat has had some bulletproof engines. In all honesty, find a sled you feel comfortable on but also a good dealer that will help you out when your in a pinch. Many sleds eventually breakdown and having a dealer who treats you right is the key. PS, it depends on what conditions you ride that will help us guide you a little more as to which sled to purchase.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
03-07 I guess; it just depends on the deal, cond. mi. ect. We hit trails, bowls, mountains, wheat feilds... WA is a very versatile state, so I guess I need a jack of all trades kinda outfit. But I really want one that I can stand up for a long ways and be good to just take it easy on as well. I really have had alot of fun on my dinosaurs, especially the indy 400, not fast but quick, and that ole tnt was a blast! The old cats were cool too especially the kaw. So I guess Im not brand proud, just want something reliable, fast and a good feel like you said, thanks for the help

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
I wouldnt get a F-cat since you said you would ride Mtns and bowls,the narrow track will be a trencher. You would be better off looking for a M7 141,RMK 700 or Rev 800 144 IMO. The polaris 800 is just as reliable as the 700 if you put a power commander on it,if not they like to go lean in the midrange. Buy whatever feels best to you and that you can find the best deal on.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Too bad you didn't say 2009/2010, you could be looking at a crossfire 8 sno pro. 1 1/2 lug, 141 track, awsome shock package, telescoping handlebars(want to sit down for trails? You can do that, want to stand up for off trail? You can do that.) an m7 141 does sound pretty good. I bet you could get a little shorter lug track for it to fit all your needs too.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
RMK-KING said:
I wouldnt get a F-cat since you said you would ride Mtns and bowls,the narrow track will be a trencher. You would be better off looking for a M7 141,RMK 700 or Rev 800 144 IMO. The polaris 800 is just as reliable as the 700 if you put a power commander on it,if not they like to go lean in the midrange. Buy whatever feels best to you and that you can find the best deal on.
Really cant go wrong with those choices no matter who you go with.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah im only "allowed" in the 3-3500 range so we will see!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts