Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lately on my 99 xc sp, i've noticed it bottoming out when it shouldn't be. my brother also noticed this last weekend. i weigh 160 lbs, and he weighs 180, so i think it should be able to handle some mild approaches. i have the 'block' set to the stiffest setting, so i was wondering what else i might do. with the fox shocks in the rear, the owners manual says to get them revalved stiffer. i don't want to spend money to solve this problem, when it doesn't seem like it should be happening in the first place.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
How many miles since the shocks have been rebuilt? A rebuild kit for Fox Shocks is only like between $20 and $30 per shock. You might want to look into that.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, they've never been rebuilt, but this is the rear skid i'm talking about, and i don't think the pps shock has to be rebuilt, i'm not sure about the other one. has anyone gotten heavier parts? springs, etc.?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey i have a 99 XC SP and i ride fairly hard and i have my setting on the lowest one. I weigh around 170. I never bottom out unlessi really hit something hard. I would have your rear fox shock recharged. I've never had it done but it is fairly inexpensive (i think) and i think fox shocks are garunteed for life so if the dealer wanted to charge you i would argue with him. Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, it's still under warrenty, and i'm bringing it in on sat for my seat so i'll probabaly have them look at the rear shocks too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts