Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Already I am thinking about next winter! What do you think is better the kind of block heater that simple attaches to the outside of the engine block [blue]or[/blue] the type that you rig into the coolant system? I don't have any experience with either, but need something to keep that big 800 warm on the cold cold nights!
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
The inline heat will be much better since it heats your coolant, and will naturally circulate the warm coolant throughout the engine.
The stickup heaters need to heat through the engine water jacket to heat the coolant, then it will heat the pots, then the pistons....far less effective....IMHO.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, the inline block heater from Royal Distrubuting is less expensive than the traditional one from Polaris also!

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have used both and will say that the inline one (that actually hooks inline with the coolant hoses) works MUCH better, it doesn't have to be plugged in as long to be effective, and it warms MUCH better then the one that attaches to the block, also the one that attaches to the block doesn't 'convect' the coolant as well as the one that is inline.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts