Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it is kinda neat all the different things or ways you can make a sled act just from playing with the clutchs,for insatance, in a 100 feet i had the sled do a 102 in just a couple seconds, it left the hole hard and looked real fast and sounded great, then all i did was change helix, it left the hole like it was bogging, real quiet and smooth look so slow took like 30 seconds to reach the end, but it went 108, you can set the rear clutch so at wide open throttle you can barely do 75 but when you flip the gas you pull your arms out of socket. you can notch the wieghts so you rev, and rev than BAM, your gone. with diffferent wieght shapes you could have it come out hard up to mid range and have nothing on top or pull hard all the way threw the top or have nothing but top. you can put your engagement at any rpm you want.
it is always fun when i am set up for a long run like up in the up trails where you can get by with minimum back shift and race some one with a stock sled or smaller sled, they will beat me out of the hole for about 4-5 seconds than i just pass them and keep walking away till i cant see them anymore. or i can scare the pants off them the next time when from the word go they lose sight of me and wonder what i have changed.

nothing goes like three holes!!!!!!!

·
Registered
506 Posts
what do the hellclickers do? justa funny weight profile? or what

I want a set of adjustables for raceing next year.

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
The profile is as any race weight, but you can add weight to the heel, middle or end of the weight. As you know more weight equals faster clutch closeings and if youve got the power and traction the harder you accelerate. I have been able to add 13 grams of weight in the heel which has given me so much pull in the bottom end that if I get traction things break. (front motor mount twice) but it goes back to the ordinary weight at the upper midrange and top end. So I get all the squeeze and fast closing of the clutch at the bottom end and normal on the top. If you tried to add too much weight the old way you would bog down the top end.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Is it true that you need to grind away a small part of your clutch to get the Heelclickers to fit?? Or maybe i'm thinking of something else, like Heavy Hitters. I forget. It's very tempting to try out.

·
Registered
506 Posts
OOOOOOOooooooooo, I gotta get me a set of those, I have a mountain track studded on clay, I can hit as hard as I feel like and not worry about traction.

how much do these things cost?

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Yes you do have to modify your clutch half on polaris. I think thats what scares most people away. I had access to use a cnc mill to make my notches.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Gearing will do a lot too won't it? I know that when I finally get my own sled eventually (probly buy my dad's X from him in a year or two) I'm gonna look a lot into the gearing and clutching set-ups. I really do have to learn more about clutches though...and a lot of other stuff I guess too. But I do have plenty of time...I am only 15...w/ lots of spare time on my hands.

I may be young, but I ain't dumb!!! (I might seem like it, but I'm not. Anyways I don't think so.)
The Sled I Ride
2002 MX Z 800 X Yellow/Black

1 - 8 of 8 Posts