Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

It's good to be back in the saddle after 2 years working in the desert of the Middle East. I dug the XCR 800 out of storage and gave it a once over. Exhaust valves were stuck but other than that everything looked good. I have now put about 50 miles on it and it is running just as I left it. It's amazing how well premium fuel with stabilizer ages.
Anyway the sled is getting a little long in the tooth so I thought of getting a new set of carb boots. Will Indy Ultra carb boots fit on this sled?

And also I have never had the FOX shocks rebuilt (no need they always worked great) so do you think I should do that or will it not make much of a difference? They are not springy at all still work great but the sled has 12,200 miles on it so I thought they may be tired.

Also for x-mas my wife bought me an edge skid for it so that will be going in this weekend if it comes in. I''m sure I'll be happy with the upgrade.
On that note I will have the old xtra 10 for sale. $200.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
First off, welcome back. I can't help yah with the carb boots but with the mileage I would replace them for sure. Same goes for the shocks...12k on the shocks and they are definately in need of some new oil and a recharge at the least.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
a torgue are is a must, if you dont have one inspect the front left motor mount and then install a torque arm.

any ves sled needs the cap taken off the ves and inspect the rubber diaphram. flip it over clean it up and then roll it around your fingers looking for tears.

water pump, if the sled sounds like it has a super charger when it idles its time for a water pump rebuild.

carb boots i would go with the stock replacements. there were difference on the reed side of the boot from the xcr to the ultra.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya I'm looking for a new torque stop, mine has the rubber blown out. My VES are working perfect, although I have gone through many bellows in the past, not to mention the nut coming loose quite often. Damn alum. can't tighten worth a damn. Water pump is good on this one. Other than that I can't wait for the edge skid.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Welcome back! I pm'd you re the edge suspension. madcow is right I only had 7000 miles on my XCR and I had to replace my left motor mount. I rebuilt my water pump as well recently just to be safe since I spent some coin on new pistons, heads, bored rebuilt carbs, case and cylinder porting.[:D]

Cheers

madcow said:
a torgue are is a must, if you dont have one inspect the front left motor mount and then install a torque arm.

any ves sled needs the cap taken off the ves and inspect the rubber diaphram. flip it over clean it up and then roll it around your fingers looking for tears.

water pump, if the sled sounds like it has a super charger when it idles its time for a water pump rebuild.

carb boots i would go with the stock replacements. there were difference on the reed side of the boot from the xcr to the ultra.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
did you go over to the middle east for the military or business?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was teaching over there.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
teaching? what and how did you teach?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was teaching math/science grade 7 at the American Creativity Academy, It's a private school with 100% Kuwaiti students. Great experience and tons of cash. Not to mention students being dropped off in F430's and RR Phantoms.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
cool!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts