Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i guess this alright for a winter outlook depending on where you live.

Following is a look at what Canadians can expect this winter:

- Much of British Columbia is expected to experience near normal temperatures. Weather systems travelling south from northern Canada will spread across BC, giving wetter than normal conditions to the northeastern region of the province and near normal precipitation for the rest. Central and northern coastal areas should expect the beginning of the winter to be drier than normal.

- Most areas of the Prairies can expect to see cooler than normal temperatures especially for the beginning of the winter. The jet stream will sink across the west which will allow in cold arctic air. Southern areas of the Prairie Provinces can expect near normal precipitation. Wetter than normal conditions are expected across central and eastern prairies. Normally, the prairie region does not receive a great deal of snowfall during the winter season, however with the path of the systems this winter, Prairie residents should be prepared for more snow than usual.

- With temperatures near or above seasonal for the beginning of winter, Southern Ontario and Quebec may be very messy. The expected conditions could mean a bad start for many winter resorts. Temperatures near or above freezing will create mixed precipitation and any snow received is likely to melt quickly. These conditions are expected to change later in the season when temperatures are expected to cool. Systems travelling along the jet stream and across central parts of Ontario and Quebec will bring wetter than normal conditions. Lake effect snow will be a factor for the traditional Snow Belt areas.

- Atlantic Canada is expected to be wetter than normal. With temperatures milder than normal look for mixed precipitation and messy weather conditions. As a result, it may not be a good season for winter sports.

- For Northern Canada, the below normal temperatures for Yukon and Northwest Territories are good news for the ice roads. Nunavut can expect above normal temperatures and near normal precipitation.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Woohoo lets get some snow coming to the Lake Winnipeg area! I will finally get to have my first ride of the season this weekend. I cant wait!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
lets get some snow

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well since the weather changed today, i might be able to get some riding done over christmas break. hopefully this winter doesn't turn out to be a bust

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
i having my doubts about cooler temps for the praries. so far manitoba has been warmer than normal so far but im still hoping.

cheers

·
Registered
541 Posts
I believe B.C. has had record snowfalls as of yet have they not?
Atlantic Canada is right on the money with that! Nothin but rain except for the foot of snow we had a couple weeks ago. Temps aroun 10 C today!

·
Registered
901 Posts
so far it has been a better winter this year than it has for the last two. bring more snow the stuff we got aint deep enough

1 - 7 of 7 Posts